1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

General Mod Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 95Crash, Jun 1, 2020.

1. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hello people, it's me here again with another thread. This is a thread where you can talk about mods and your thoughts on them. This is also a thread where you can ask users what they think about cars becoming mods, For example. You can ask a user what they would think if a 1910s car mod was released.

Anyways, chat away.

#1 95Crash, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

speaking of 1910's cars, I've recently modelled a little austin seven sort of thing:
    Screenshot227.png
    it's the first model i'm making from scratch, rather than modifying vanilla cars, so i might struggle when it comes to texturing.

but overall, I am kind of disappointed at the lack of cars from the sort of 1900-1940 era. especially in the first half of that, there were so many weird suspension designs, and gearbox designs.
    part of me just really likes the idea of a normal car that's as capable as a hopper offroad.

• Like Like x 18
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. NotDaijoubu

NotDaijoubu
    Expand Collapse

@CaptainZoll Wow, nice start. Funnily enough I've been looking at pictures of 1900-1920s cars this afternoon. I really enjoy the Augira Heron, and an Austin Seven copy would be a nice addition. Are you planning a tourer version as well?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

off topic but welcome to the forums

people are super hypercritical i just want to point that out now so be wary of what you say

• Like Like x 2
  5. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

yeah, probably something like a sedan (the thing shown there) a phaeton/tourer (that but with a folded down soft-top) and a roadster/ulster/speedster.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hey man, that's cool.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

Looks pretty interesting.

A model T lookalike is one of the many things I've been wanting to make at some point.

But currently I'm trying to get some heavy equipment on the repo instead.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been much done on that front already, other than the Farming Pack and the DSC Forklift, especially considering how heavy equipment had it's own section on the RoR repo.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I have a question. Will you be able to paint the forklift different colors?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

The blue part is primary color, which is already colorable.

I might also try making the side "accent sticker" and the grill colorable using the second paint option.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Well, that's cool. I can't wait to paint it yellow.

11. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

I've been watching a lot of Donut Media recently and one of the recent episodes of Wheelhouse talking about where body styles originated from, and it's truly amazing seeing these early cars because of how boundary-pushing they were for the time.

Anyway, I do really really like the look of 1930s cars, and I'm glad to see someone working to put one in BeamNG. As I get older I'm noticing a change in my taste of cars, I still like newer cars but in the past couple of years I've been getting rid of my bias

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

This is looking pretty good already! And yeah, pre-WWII cars always interested me, so I'm excited to see one being made for the game. There's also so many possibilities for customization, as some earlier cars were taken to coachbuilders and had their bodies adapted to whatever the owner wanted, so you could have anything from a small truck, a 4 door "sedan", a tractor, or a convertible roadster all in one, not to mention more modern hot-rod conversions and all that.

I also love how they are pretty rugged despite not looking like it, mostly due to their simplicity. Case in point, the fact that many Model Ts survive till this day in the hands or normal families, being passed between generations. They were also pretty interesting to drive, with their accelerators being controlled like a modern cruise control instead of a pedal, and their clutch working more like a switch between gears.

• Like Like x 2
  13. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

The Murcielago thread was deleted for using a (likely) stolen model from CSR2.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Wow already?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. HadACoolCar

HadACoolCar
    Expand Collapse

man i love the roth alpha so much

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice