General Sound Ideas And Suggestions

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by LordJarhead, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Maj_Turbolag

Maj_Turbolag
    Expand Collapse

My inner audio-freak just screamed with delight! I love it! Listening to this at high volume whilst climbing hills with the D15? Yes please!

2. kirill pudavov

kirill pudavov
    Expand Collapse

Awesome sounds !!!! Thank you ! Waiting ingame )))

3. Squeegy

Squeegy
    Expand Collapse

I agree wholeheartedly. I hadn't seen this thread when I started making this, but here's my own video.

#23 Squeegy, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  4. kirill pudavov

kirill pudavov
    Expand Collapse

Download link ? Awesome sounds !

#24 kirill pudavov, Aug 18, 2013
  5. Maj_Turbolag

Maj_Turbolag
    Expand Collapse

Am I hearing sounds from Automation in there? :-D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

#25 Maj_Turbolag, Aug 18, 2013
  6. Petrovsky

Petrovsky
    Expand Collapse
    duplicate account of banned user AwesomeSauce

It's amazing how immersive the game can be with the correct sounds :)

7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Many hours of playing Automation means I know exactly where you got the sounds from.

@ OP I like your sounds but these are normal street cars. (Apart from the sport versions) and those engine noises sound like high performance turboed engines. Plus Gabester has said quite a few times that the devs are completely reworking the sound system. I think he also said that the current sounds are from RoR.

8. LordJarhead

LordJarhead
    Expand Collapse

I do all know that! And I stated that in my posts as well. I just wanted to bring my idea to the table, thats it. :) I'm waiting for BeamNG to come up with something anyways before I really do something serious or even make a mod.

LJ

9. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

As a HUGE fan of Arma 2 mods and JSRS, PLEASE hire this man to do the sounds for this game! Gabe is great at producing music, but honestly, his vehicle sound effects are.....meh. (referring to the vehicle sounds he did for his RoR vehicles. I understand the sounds in BeamNG right now are placeholders.) If the dev team let Jarhead do the audio for this game, I would be SOO excited!

I love to see that you're in the BeamNG community Jarhead! As I said, I'm a huge fan of your work! :D

10. phipck

phipck
    Expand Collapse

im guessing the Devs will only be pleased to see the community making suggestions and providing examples of their ideas, it will only either confirm what they had already decided to do or go some way to give them guidance as to what consumers like..... they can do with that what they will!

I found squeegy's concept to be most in line with my personal experience of cars. I much prefer a real world sound to go with the real world feel of the vehicals. I also very much agree with the comment about turbo sounds and non turbo sounds with cars. I love an NA revving up to full chat and it can be a frustration when the wrong audio is used for cars

11. Squeegy

Squeegy
    Expand Collapse

Gabe didn't (as far as I am aware) produce his vehicle sounds, someone else sourced them for him.

I forgot to include a turbo whine in my video, I just changed the exhaust and filters to make it louder. A transmission sound would be cool as well.

Also, on the subject of 'wrong' sounds, the Civetta, being italian, and basically a ferrari/lambo knockoff should probably sound like a flatplane V8 instead of a crossplane V8.

#31 Squeegy, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  12. phipck

phipck
    Expand Collapse

these days its not too difficult to find good quality audio capture of any type of car. Which is great, it means you can really tweek the sound of a created car to match what spec you wanted it to be.

13. MrConner

MrConner
    Expand Collapse

Huge fan of JSRS! Both of those videos sound great Jarhead.

14. tuningfreak1

tuningfreak1
    Expand Collapse

i realy think that sounds are very importand. devs should take their time and effort for the sounds.

15. powerbuoy

powerbuoy
    Expand Collapse

@JarHead or @Squeegy - There's no chance you could share just the OGG files for now? The default sounds are hurting my ears :p

16. TheRealPhil

TheRealPhil
    Expand Collapse

Or do a tutorial about inserting automation sounds into drive. kinda pisses me off to hear a v8 in the covet:(

17. Jagatai

Jagatai
    Expand Collapse

Hi, first of all I want to congratulate you for your work. And I really wonder how you did it. Do you use material strength, mass, acceleration, attach points etc. as inputs for the cars? Or is it 3-D parts with pre-programmed damages? I mean is it "i hit a tree, tree has a ultimate tensile strength of ... GPA with ... cm diameter, my acceleration is ...m/s^2 in this direction, these are the masses of parts......" OR is it "i hit a tree from this side, buckle it, buckle other parts with respect to the distance of crash..." ? Because if it's the second one, I suggest you to work with a mechanical engineer. I suggest this not because you did it wrong, but I think you are very creative and clever to come up with a great solution and deserve better, actually the most real 3-D engine.

18. tuningfreak1

tuningfreak1
    Expand Collapse

i hope wee will see some progress on the sounds in the near future.

19. Kermit

Kermit
    Expand Collapse

Does any game have this yet? (Sound I miss..)

#39 Kermit, Oct 28, 2013
  20. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

GTAV has that sound after you turn your car off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice