1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Got material issues on my map (no material)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Jujune, May 22, 2014.

1. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

So i wanted to release my map Amsy-Island yesterday and failed.

Because textures of the streets and Racetrack where dissappered.

I tested to seperate the textures in an extra folder (in the map folder) but failed again.

(I tested it with another computer)

Can anyone tell me why it happens? Because it doesnt dissapppear when i close (MY) game and restart it again. Please help.
    This is how it looks like:
    BeamNG 2014-05-22 14-52-37-00.jpg BeamNG 2014-05-19 23-04-01-39.jpg
    BeamNG 2014-05-22 14-52-47-85.jpg BeamNG 2014-05-21 18-26-56-53.jpg

2. pleclair

pleclair
    Expand Collapse

How many threads about this issue must I necro for things to change?

If the devs are making maps and not having the issue, how about sharing the tips on how to prevent this from happening.

I could work exclusively with notepad++, it's easier to search and replace to do mass changes, when YOU CAN DO SO. Do you really expect me to know the 1000+ materials the track I'm working with have, and add properties which aren't present in the first place, so I can't search and replace, I would have go to thru 6000 lines, cut and pasting stuff like alpha blending, specs, adding normal maps, remembering the name... etc... it's a bit crazy to even think about it.

The material editor is there, why is it not working after nearly 1 year... and I saw threads about this issue in 2013... want me to dig them out?

3. pleclair

pleclair
    Expand Collapse

Well, I think I have found my problem. Due to the fact that I had to copy my art and objects folders to program files in order to select textures from it, there was a second materials.cs in program files/beamng.drive/levels/nordschleife/objects so after noticing this, I moved it to parent dir to test if it would fix my problem, and it didn't. Some more searching around for others possible problems in some other .cs files, I moved the materials.cs in a directory I create in beamng.drive root folder, called test.

I still had missing textures... I was going nuts, doing text search inside beamng program files and documents folders, until I tried to renamed my map dir in program files, adding _bak to it. Then my textures was working again.

That's a rather odd behavior. One would expect that if two same files are found, my documents should win, since it's the user folder.

But, is the directory structure in beamng any important, or we can call dirs anything and it still works? Like we could put all files in root dir of the map and it would work?

But my question about the material editor remains.. why is it when I choose a texture in my documents dir, I get an orange texture, and the path is absolute. So I have to keep a copy in program files.

4. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Someones gonna kill me for bumping this, but all the material.cs files in your art folder, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM need to have everything linked into the right directory. Use notepad++ and edit all the different paths to use the name of your folder IN the path.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice