Gran Turismo 6

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by sharonmaitino, Feb 26, 2016.

?

Do you like GT6?

1. I love it.

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I am obsessed with it.

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. I hate it so much I'd rather trash my PS3 than play it.

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Meh.

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. sharonmaitino

sharonmaitino
    Expand Collapse

Okay. In this I want to see the people who like GT6 and talk about GT6. Do any of you guys like GT6?

2. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Fun game. Used to play it a lot, then I sold my PS3. I did enjoy tuning cars for perfect handling and racing them.
    I built a bunch of fun cars, including a 200bhp VW Beetle (doesn't sound like much, but it weighed <600kg and was pretty fast) and a 480Km/h Veyron.

I think this is the only screenshot I have (had more, but I wiped my PS3 when I sold it):
    Silverstone The Stowe Circuit.jpg
    This was one of my best cars - Golf R with more power and very nice handling. First time I raced it against a friend with a Lambo Aventador, and won. He was quite surprised. It was fun.

3. sharonmaitino

sharonmaitino
    Expand Collapse

I still play it on my Ps3. It is awesome. I tuned a BMW M4 into the track car it now is. They could of added Porsche cars.

4. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Blame EA

5. sharonmaitino

sharonmaitino
    Expand Collapse

At least Real Racing 3 includes Porsches. Like 20 now.
    --- Post updated ---
    Real Racing 3 was made by EA sports.
    --- Post updated ---
    GT6 is really a nice game.

6. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Isn't that an EA game?
    EA has an exclusive license for Porsche vehicles, they've had it since the first nfs games.

7. sharonmaitino

sharonmaitino
    Expand Collapse

Cool ^^
    _
    --- Post updated ---
    I did not like the Volkswagens in the game. They are slow. And also have the slowest car in the game the VW Schwimwiggon.

8. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Not cool at all. Exclusive licensing is a shit move.

Also. The Schwimmwagen and Kubelwagen are awesome. I genuinely had more fun driving those on dirt than with any other car.
    Eiger Nordwand - W Trail_3.jpg
    (I found my screenshots, yay)

9. sharonmaitino

sharonmaitino
    Expand Collapse

The Schwimwagen is too expensive for me. It costs 620,000 credits. I only got that money on Seasonal Events.
    --- Post updated ---
    Who voted no?

10. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

You just have to make a really fast car (tip: get a Veyron with all engine/weight upgrades and set transmission to max speed) and grind the crap out of the long oval track that has two 10km straight lines. I haven't played the game in over a year, but IIRC you get like 60K per win and it's not a season event.

Burn the heretic. /s

11. TheKittenHD

TheKittenHD
    Expand Collapse

I stopped playing August of 2014.... I honestly got so bored of this game. DLC was poor. In full honesty, Gran Turismo 5 was a better game..

However, one thing i loved of GT6 was its photomode, after they fixed the bug with the stupid flare. :D

Silverstone The Stowe Circuit_4 by GTPTheKitten, on Flickr

12. sharonmaitino

sharonmaitino
    Expand Collapse

I still play it. It is a fun game. You can do fun things. A new vehicle the SRT Tomahawk spun out a racer in a Toyota. That race was fun.

13. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

GT5>GT6. The majority of cars in 6 handled way too similar, very few were unique to its own. In gt5, the way to progress was perfect and simple. Beat some tracks, and get mad money while you do, and most likely a new car at the end of the whole circuit.

In 6, the layout of the challenges are more annoying, in the way that you they expect you to perform on more tracks with way less room for error, for even a lesser reward. Your performance is rated by stars instead of trophies.They do give you more money in 6, but definitely less free cars. And all of the new side challenges they added are quite tough for GT. Hah, saying GT is a hard game is funny to say after playing Beamng. Had I played Beamng back when I was playing GT6, I probably would have gotten farther.

One more thing to add: My G27 worked HORRIBLE with GT5. The force feedback was so fucking high, and bringing down the FF setting in GT to the minimum wouldn't do shit. It worked flawlessly in GT6, though. And the update didn't do shit for GT5

• Like Like x 1
  14. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

i need to revisit both as i now own a good wheel. i enjoyed them when i played them and have nothing mean to say. i immediately noticed the body roll in the honda fit they start you out with. very cool.

15. TheKittenHD

TheKittenHD
    Expand Collapse

I prefer the FFB in GT5 tbh. And i agree completely with the top statement. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

Glad I'm not alone lol...Did you have the G27? the only reason why I didn't like the FF in GT5 was because of a glitch that many people experience with that wheel. So, it's not so much that I didn't "like" it, it never worked correctly to begin with lol

17. TheKittenHD

TheKittenHD
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I had the G27. Also GT6 vehicles have a snappy feeling to them, GT5 was smoother. Especially Drift Tunes etc. Drifting stock cars too.

18. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

It's been a while but yeah I think I know what you're talking about. Lucky you with the force feedback haha

19. TheKittenHD

TheKittenHD
    Expand Collapse

Anyway, GT's FFB is crap compared to RFactor/Assetto Corsa etc.

20. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

Never tried those games. BeamNG's FF is quite badass I gotta say

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice