WIP Beta released Grand Marshal Lightbars - Discussion/Testing (v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Grimm232, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

This is for discussion/testing only!!
    Hey I'm Grimm as you may know from the URG mod. Today I would like to show you a mod I've been working on for awhile now, it started back before the new lightbar update. As of right now there are a bunch (24 in total) of lightbars with different color schemes including (red and white for you fire guys) in this pack. This lightbar is only for the Grand Marshal for now others may come later. Forgot to mention but this mod only uses code to place the lights, the small flashers are the ones used by the default modern light both old and new. I might add side runners later.

Here is a picture to show a few the new modern lightbars.
    newlightbars.png BeamNGdrive-0262014381-RELEASE-x6411_10_20229_05_48AM2.png

And here are the old lightbars
    jkhzdvuhzbv.png BeamNGdrive-0262014381-RELEASE-x6411_10_20229_04_23AM2.png

Anyway I feel this was needed as some people really liked as the new light bars only has the red and blue options.
    Enjoy!

If you would like to test it feel free, feedback is welcome! :D

So I have taken down the files for now, I will be using this thread as a pre-repository upload to check for anything missing or if the file is working thanks.

You can few and downlad the mods on the mods page.
    New Modern Lightbar: https://www.beamng.com/resources/new-modern-lightbar-for-grand-marshal.24382/
    Old Modern Lightbar: https://www.beamng.com/resources/old-modern-lightbar-for-grand-marshal.24381/

#1 Grimm232, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Somethingrio

Somethingrio
    Expand Collapse

interesting

3. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Update mods have been posted the the repository, currently waiting approval

4. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

So just a quick update note the old lightbar mod was uploaded to the repository yesterday, the new lightbar mod has yet to be seen as far as I know the CDN State idk what that means is at a "no" state. I guess the mod has been reviewed but not posted idk. Anyway I will keep you updating with what's happening for now I will upload the new lightbar file that has unmarked flashers until its posted. CHEERS!

5. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

So as it turns out the way the new lightbars zip file was setup was causing the mod not to work, that has been fixed, resource updated, is currently waiting approval.

6. Man Cat Sage

Man Cat Sage
    Expand Collapse

Ey, I think it could be cool if you add an Amber variant with a siren available. is that a possible idea?

7. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Sure is, be like the Code Red episode with gruppe6 from Jeff Favignano and his buddies lmfao.
    --- Post updated ---
    So it has come to my attention from @BFW_H27 the windshield and paint was messed up, I removed a file that wasn't needed and it has fixed it on my end if you would like to test before I update that would be great.

8. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone so currently the mod is pretty much going to stay the same as it is for now, @WarDaddyUSA is helping me with the customization part using the slots so there aren't so many lightbars filling up the lightbar menu and so you can select what lights you want on your vehicle! Shouldn't take to long, I will update the current state of the old lightbar mod to fix the issues found and then start working on the slots.
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone, I have an update in progress for both of the lightbar mods, full amber leds will be coming along with a fix for the unmarked flashers as the lights that are in the selectable slots are already on the vehicle. Cheers!

10. Stefan190506

Stefan190506
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry, I'm really curious, and I honestly don't understand what the difference is between Old and New Modern Lightbar?

11. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Hey no problem, so the old lightbars are the lightbars that used to be in the game before the 0.25 update. I released them becuase it still worked and i figured there were some players out there that missed them. The new lightbars are the lightbars that are currently in the game since the 0.25 update.

Cheers - Grimm

12. MAX1st

MAX1st
    Expand Collapse

How do I turn the police lights on?

13. DontKnowWhy186

DontKnowWhy186
    Expand Collapse

Shift+n

14. MAX1st

MAX1st
    Expand Collapse

I found how to its shift + n

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice