WIP Beta released Graphics Mod AL - Fancy stuff instructions 20220818 for 0.25

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Brother_Dave, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Glad to hear!

2. Nielsieboy03

Nielsieboy03
    Expand Collapse

I GET A VIRUS BECAUSE I DOWNLOADED U GRAPHICS MOD ZIP

3. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

THEN U ARE THE FIRST ONE AND DID SOMETHING WRONG.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

[Post redacted]

#124 MrJavelin, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  5. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

i have it green on ecusa for sure, but i installed color correction and don't care for that

6. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Ok, good to know!

Looks like im releasing AL8 rather soon and it will be using 6500K temperature for monitors, might release a 9300K too but we'll see if i get any complaints about it being too cold instead now :)

7. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

I don't really see correlation between temperature and "green" these kinda different stuff, but whatever the solution

8. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

I'm looking forward to this! When exactly is "soon" ?

9. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Real soon, im just gonna take some time to make sure ive adjusted all settings for all vanilla maps. Ive done some tinkering with my tonemapper so that i can lower the Sky Brightness, making the sky more blue. The vanilla maps has it at 40 but out the box afaik its meant to be 25 (looking at documentations from the original game engine), meaning the vanilla maps skies are too white throughout TOD, if im correct. Having it higher does have it pros though, brighter reflections in lack of fresnel and it overall looks abit fancier at times. Through my tonemapper tinkering i think ive managed to keep the skies blue and still have fancy moments at dawn/dusk :)

Meanwhile, heres some screenshots for the official AL8 release, and also a new vid with some really crappy driving :rolleyes:

EDIT: Vid is coming, forgot i had to resave it unless i want youtube to make it too dark..

Attached Files:

• BeamNGdriveScreenshot20201128-19503306.png
    • BeamNGdriveScreenshot20201128-19502293.png
    • BeamNGdriveScreenshot20201128-19500375.png
    • screenshot_2020-11-28_19-48-12.png
    • BeamNGdriveScreenshot20201128-19473349.png
    #129 Brother_Dave, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

Looks great! Oh, btw, is there a way you can make the fog just slightly more blue? It's rather colourless at the moment and should be more like the vanilla fog (in my opinion)

11. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

No! Real fog never have blue color. The game's one (blueish) just weird.

12. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

13. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

s1200.jpg 2020-11-29at22-51-10.jpg .jpg DesktopScreenshot20201129-230549.jpg
    In first: that are mostly art processing images. Second: that is not FOG but air density effect (or some haze one). And THIRD: that effect IRL less affecting for shot distances (while depends of weather cases), and never ever should been so strong at ranges of BeamNG as in the game. Above photo of haze in Moscow (for more 5 km) and same effect in BeamNG (for 500 m and even 100 m LOL).

And, yes, sure, I can turn off that FOG in the game. But it still FOG but not AIR VOLUME or something. And AS FOG it's colour looks wrong.

#133 den_chik, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  14. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

How does it happen that world is ok, but car interior dark af

15. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Looks like i missed the fog fight o_O Ive added a slight hint of blue, 10% more blue to be exact but its still much more white than grey. Fog that is close up tends to be white IMO, haze at a distance can be blueish IMO. Its all a matter or taste afaik.

Because of the shadow strength, tonemapper and lack of auto-exposure, the world is usually overall brighter, inside the car theres more dark than bright and its non-dynamic at the time so thats what i get.
    Ive mentioned it somewhere on the forum that id like to see a variable exposure setting, driven by luminance and with a bit of delay; that way we can get tasty high exposure moments without losing visibility.

16. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

I suppose you're right. Although, It would be very hard to add a realistic air density effect in the game so adding blueish fog would be the easiest way to give an illusion of it.

17. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

But in game it is FOG. And range of settings slider prove it. Even smallest value is TOO STRONG for real haze (air) effect. So blueish colour of FOG totally wrong.
    The Brother_Dave's screens above is great representation of real FOG. And this my picture below of FOG colour is more natural. Unfortunally BeamNG locks colour select from fog settings in WE, so this picture was made by taking one of blinking (during the ajusting colour) screenshots.

Attached Files:

• DesktopScreenshot20201130-145520.jpg
  18. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. Can we change the subject?

19. 3ric2hew

3ric2hew
    Expand Collapse

what about motion blur?

20. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Wont happen from me, atleast not for a long time. I could also go for some slight chromatic aberration but i wont look into that for a while either although it seems to be added back to the latest Torque3D release so that might quite easy. Theres disabled motion blur in old versions of Beamng and/or the tech demo BUT its not coded to work for a car/plane/boat game and looked quite bad when ppl enabled it years ago.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice