1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Graphics Tearing / Flickering ... strange problem!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by havocNG, Sep 15, 2019.

1. havocNG

havocNG
    Expand Collapse

I have a problem with graphics tearing and/or flickering, it happens almost exclusively on the tail lights and license plates when the vehicle is moving away from me.

My PC specs, Intel i7-8700 4.60GHz (Liquid Cooled) Memory: 32 gigs / Graphics: GeForce 1080ti 11gig, my monitor is also a high end monitor, Dell S2716DGR....

When vehicles are moving away I see "slash lines" or "angled lines" flickering most on the tail lights and license plates. I have tried all the classic and obvious fixes, un install re install game, clearing cache, dis able all mods, removed all mods, try swapping out my graphics cards and installed a GTX 2060, same problem, tried using a different monitor, same problem, tried different graphics setting , refresh rates, my monitor can go from 60 to 144 refresh rate, v-sync on and off, my monitor is also a G-Sync monitor so I have tried disabling that as well and still no luck. Im pretty sure its a refresh rate issue, a refresh rate around 60 seems to be best so far, but it still occurs, look at the attach picture, look at those angled grey lines on the back of the vehicle and imagine them flashing rapidly. I tried full screen and borderless too, not effect, I been messing with the Nvida 3d settings for about 2 months, still no luck, my game res is 2560x1440 at 60fps....

Watch the video below (link) look at the license plates at around the 20 to 23 second mark, you'll see the problem...Thank You in advance for your help...

Attached Files:

• flickering.png
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Yes, this happens if you go really low with the Field Of View (FOV), as low as 15° or below.
    This is on our ToDo to check what's happening by the way, but I'd recommend against such low FOV for the time being.

• Like Like x 1
  3. havocNG

havocNG
    Expand Collapse

Awesome, thank you, I ll try that out today....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice