Solved Groundcover questions

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by DePains, Oct 29, 2018.

1. DePains

DePains
    Expand Collapse

Hi there,

I have two questions about groundcover items.

1 - For the grass_field material, how do I rotate the two at the right and the one below the highlighted item ? I can't find how to rotate them.
    Capturedcran73.png

2 - And the same thing with a twist.
    I wanted to use this ("AsphaltRoad_damage_sml_decal_01") :
    Capturedcran74.png
    as a horizontal groundcover (and disable rotation with camera ?), and to show on the decal roads. So I need to make them horizontal and to show above decal roads. Is that do-able ?

Thanks !

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The texture you found are not specifically for groundcover, but for meshes and decals.

In particular the damaged road ones are for decals (decals are projected on whatever mesh is right 'under' it (decal rotation counts too, you can place them on vertical walls and etc)

• Like Like x 1
  3. DePains

DePains
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I knew they are not made for that, just wanted to know if I could use them that way.

As for the first question I didn't see that this .dds is mapped to a mesh...
    So I charged it in blender, modified the mesh to be a simple flat square, named the material differently and mapped the "AsphaltRoad_damage_sml_decal_01" to it in material.cs and :
    Capturedcran75.png

Thank you Nadeox1 !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice