GTA 5

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Charlie, Aug 22, 2013.

1. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

Well first I used a normal HDD were gta5 was installed, than I bought an original xbox harddrive and know it freezes quite a few times....

2. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

It works fine on my Xbox. I've never had a single crash in GTA 5, and my Xbox takes about 5 minutes just to load the dashboard.

3. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

you must have got a faulty drive or something then

4. Fradias

Fradias
    Expand Collapse

woah, didn't know about that, I usually skip tutorials (silly me :rolleyes:) I'll check that tomorrow

So ehm, I went on a mission when Michael, Franklin and Trevor all go back to the desert, and when I got back to Los Santos, all the cars I had spent tenths of grands modifying were gone from the garages o_O What a silly bug, I loved all my cars :/

5. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

Same for me, this happened so often but when you finish the game it should fix it. Since I am done with the story I never lost any car again.

6. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Well thats great and all but its kinda useless as i seen the middle of the sentence first :l

Don't post fucking spoilers, you could have just said "I finished the last mission, have to start a new game"

#286 VeyronEB, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013
  7. ZeDDiE

ZeDDiE
    Expand Collapse

yeah, that must be the stupidest thing i've seen.

gtfo and stop spoiling.

8. marvtheking

marvtheking
    Expand Collapse

One question.
    Im almost done with the game,and there are 14 houses for sale on my map,someone told me,there are around 50,so,do those come,when you finish all missions?

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Posting storyline spoilers for this, or any other game on this forum will result in an infraction(and not a light one either), doing it more than once may even result in a ban(depending on the severity of the spoiler). I know there isn't a written rule for this, but if you really can't see why it's a stupid/very selfish thing to just spoil the ending(or even a storyline spoiler in general) for other players, then you really need to go and get your brain checked.

You've been warned.

It makes me pretty damn angry that the game I've been looking forward to more than any other game just got spoiled by some selfish DB.

@Marv: I haven't counted them, but I don't think a ton more will suddenly become available all at once suddenly after the final mission? That's generally not Rockstars way of making games(In fact, I can't rememeber the last time a Rockstar game had anything major unlock *after* the final mission? As far as I remember, almost everything is generally unlocked at around 2/3rds into the storyline). The guy who said 50 probably exaggerated...

#289 Mythbuster, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  10. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

Xbox is such a peace of crap - First I installed my own HDD via. USB. My Xbox gave me a warning that my HDD is to slow so I bought an original one. (it worked fine on my hdd) Once copyed the game from my hdd to the xbox one gta5 keept crashing and had loading erros because the orginal xbox hdd is to slow. So now I wanted to copy the game again from the xbox one to my hdd but not, microsoft sad that they don't allow me the copy the game from their peace of ***it to my "bad working", actually very well working hdd. Now I have to re-install everything again... Not to mention also the super weird sounds my xbox makes since I have the original hdd.

And the best part still comes, I couldn't play this morning because my so awesome xbox wich is 2weeks old keept getting the red ring around the turn off/on button for over 4 hours.. GREAT. I love my s**tbox.

11. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

With the new consoles around the corner, I'd buy the cheapest second-hand PS3/X360 that I could find if I were you.

12. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

How can you pre-purchase a game that hasn't even been confirmed yet?

13. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

He pre-ordered an empty box :p

14. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

15. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

16. Immortal Racer

Immortal Racer
    Expand Collapse

I really abhor when kids just say "GTA 5". Call me crazy, but it is just a humongous vexation of mine.

17. PlayPrey

PlayPrey
    Expand Collapse

Im not lying, but you don't understand the fact that the pages i had found are the ones that are hard to find, not that outdated stuff you came with.

Plus why the hell is pre-ordering of GTA V for PC available in stores, which many have pre-ordered, there if it isn't going to happen?
    And if you don't believe me on this, then i don't care, but as i have said, i will give you the links if i run over them again.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not lying, but you don't understand the fact that the pages i had found are the ones that are hard to find, not that outdated stuff you came with.

Plus why the hell is pre-ordering of GTA V for PC available in stores, which many have pre-ordered, there if it isn't going to happen?
    And if you don't believe me on this, then i don't care, but as i have said, i will give you the links if i run over them again.

18. DaJeroen

DaJeroen
    Expand Collapse

Finished the Story Mode in 4 days :).

19. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

How can people be so stupid to think that's even possible. They'd have to re-rewrite the entire physics engine again, change the car customization to work with the old physics, make new handling lines for every single new vehicle. They'd then have to rebalance all the missions that involve cars, so that it's still possible to pass those... I know some guy will now come and say "No we don't even want that, just for free roam", but as a company you can't simply deliver half-finished work. There's plenty of examples of studios that did do that and now have gotten a bad reputation.

Not to mention, the bodyroll in GTA 4 was ridiculously bad, and the cars understeered way too much. If people want cars to slide around like boats, yet not even have nearly enough power to hold a drift, they can go and decrease the friction settings in a PC mod later on. For me, I wasn't a fan at first either, but now that I got used to it, these physics are way more fun to play with than the ones in GTA IV. At least in GTA:V the lack of enough power to drift makes sense because of how much grip they have, and the bodyroll is much more realistic. I remember playing with the Dukes in GTA IV a few days before the GTA V release... That thing scrapes the underside of the car along the ground even if you corner at low speed.
    Only thing that *is* annoying is braking distances, way too short, and the nerfed damage, barely having a dent after crashing head-on into a bus at 90mph...

Oh, and the fact that some cars are rwd when they should be fwd, or fwd when they should be rwd.... Like that Winnebago thing that has a modeled driveshaft, yet is fwd... (All the muscle cars in IV had independent rear suspension btw, which was really stupid too. At least that is somewhat fixed).

I think some people have forgotten that this type of handling is what GTA has always had before GTA IV. Arcady and fun. Not exaggerated boatyiness even on nippy little hatchbacks... Besides that, Franklins driving skill is way up, he always seems to have more traction. If you play as Trevor, it's WAY different and feels a lot more fun.

#300 Mythbuster, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice