GTA V discussion

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Slammington, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

2. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

I downloaded the game at 1.5-1.8 mbs with Hawaii's slow ISP speeds it took a long while lol.

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I dont see what that has to do with my post. I didnt say it preloaded from rockstar or from steam, only that preloading has been live all week - which it has, and as nadeox points out, it was also available from rockstar.

4. MOHAAPlayer

MOHAAPlayer
    Expand Collapse

Forgot about pre-loading from Rockstar servers...

5. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    HYPE HYPE HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    HYPE

6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Currently downloading at 6.3 megabytes per second, it should be done within the hour now. Im nearly ready for the midnight launch in the UK, i may be a little tired in school tomorrow, at least i have no lessons in the first two hours :p

7. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

So excited for this game.

Also, I don't understand the people that jump right into online when they first play the game. You paid nearly 60 dollars/pounds/euros/whatever for this game, you should enjoy every single bit of it.

So yeah, for me it's story first, online later.

8. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I will be doing single player first. So i can explore the map and enjoy the location and missions at my own pace. Maybe later i will play multiplayer with friends, depends on what my friends are doing, if not i will just join a random lobby and enjoy the flying fire breathing cars if GTA4 is anything to go by. Rockstar does say that they want online to be fair for all players though so maybe mods cant be used there.

EDIT:
    Nvidia has just launched their GTA 5 game ready drivers, you may want to pick them up if you are in the green party, if you are in the red party it may be worth getting the latest drivers.

#228 aljowen, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  9. Sando

Sando
    Expand Collapse

Guys, you are soo lucky. I have school tomorrow and I'll be able to just start downloading the game only when I get home. I'll be late for the party.

#229 Sando, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  10. CarBoy

CarBoy
    Expand Collapse

I gotta go to bed soon, then 6 hours of school and then through 7 discs if it even gets delivered tomorrow

11. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Can anyone spare a GTAV copy to a fellow hit by hard times?

12. Gam3r007

Gam3r007
    Expand Collapse

Can I play on max. settings?

8GB Ram
    Nvidia GTX 770
    Intel Core I7 3770K

13. Sando

Sando
    Expand Collapse

Can you?

14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Try praying to lord gaben and if you are worthy you will get an answer.

No one really knows yet. You should be able to play with the settings turned up pretty high though.

15. Gam3r007

Gam3r007
    Expand Collapse

Recommend system requirements doesn't mean Ultra Settings right?

16. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

about 3-4 hours left until rockstar warehouse (and assuming the retail version as well) release

wonder how fast people will get some videos uploaded once it's 4PM (since that's all i'll be able to do, and no not because gpu (i could run gta iv at 45 fps with lowest possible settings including resolution, so assuming gta v is optimised well i could probably get something that i consider playable, hopefully anyway) it's because no $60)

I also wonder how long until simple native trainer will start being worked on, as that's pretty much the mod i used more then anything in IV

17. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Rockstar claim that a PC that meets the recommended settings will be capable of 1080p, 60 frames per second at medium settings.

18. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

So I ordered my game with Bol.com in December or something right...
    And the Shipping status says "On launch day"...

So I got pissed, wrote them an email I'm not amused that I preordered the freaking game, and according to the website, they'll only ship it the day it releases... Got an email back saying "We're sorry your order got delayed but it's being made ready to be sent. It should be delivered either tomorrow or the day after".

Sent another email, saying "Okay... I'll just hope it's here tomorrow then. I have to admit, I don't understand why it's unsure if the game will be here tomorrow. After all, that is kinda the point a of a pre-order: Being sure you get the game on launch..."

Got another email back, from another customer service guy this time...
    "If I understand your email correctly, there's some confusion on the delivery date of your order, in this case a pre-order. We always send pre-orders out in a way that the customer gets the product on launch-day. This is what you should expect. The wording from the other email was refering to the fact that sometimes, something goes wrong at the postal service, and then sometimes the delivery is delayed. This is, however, not something we ever expect to happen"

So I checked its status a few minutes ago, still says the same thing as this afternoon. "Being processed"... and Shipping says "on launch date"

I'm kinda annoyed to be honest. They really should just make sure they send out the pre-orders a few days in advance, even if they normally have 1-day-shipping. If you're gonna give someone the ability to pre-order, you better make sure you've got all bases covered that the game actually lands on a customers doormat on the day of release, or before it. Not a day after, otherwise I might as well have just gone to a shop to buy it. That said, I had to have the extra online money, so I couldn't.. and I wanted a physical copy because I'm tempted to sell the ps3 version I have of the game + the PS3 ASAP.

Btw, the sending it out early is actually what most shops do... but of course, I had to go and order it from the one shop that waits till the very last minute -_-'

19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

The Hype is very real...

20. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

THE HYPEEEE!
    ZSjqadB.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice