GTA V discussion

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Slammington, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Do you have a source for this information? A port to the XB1 and PS4 is a completely logical step for Rockstar, and since they use PC-like hardware, porting to PC also makes sense. I don't see how they could be forced or coerced into developing a cut down, substandard PC port.

2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I forgot where I saw it, but Rockstar Games said they originally did not want to make a PC version, but the PC fans were too loud to ignore.

3. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

They never once said that, ever.

4. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

If the PC port is bad I'm gonna spam Rockstar support with rants about the poor quality of their PC port.

5. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully they learned their lesson and we won't get another GTA 4....god that game had a horrible port.
    I bought the game, it lagged like hell, and gave me the stupid shaky camera anti piracy thing (even though it was a legit copy). Sometimes game devs try to stop pirates but just end up slapping their own customers across the face, while the pirates get a better product. Any origin/uplay game for example.

6. Dan1035

Dan1035
    Expand Collapse

The one I got on Steam was alright. I don't blame the game for the poor quality. I blame myself for not having a proper PC. It runs fine on the lowest of low resolution and settings, but it wont let me change anything. My graphics card doesnt really support GTA IV. Im gonna look for a driver, maybe thats the problem hopefully.

7. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

GTA IV is a shit port. Optimisation is horrible, and you need a great GPU to run it in high settings. If you want to use an ENB it's even worse.

8. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I played it for awhile. I don't play it very much though. I still love GTA SA a lot though.

9. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Does that work on Windows 8? Next time it's for sale I think i'll pick it up.

10. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

It works fine on brothers windows 8 laptop, I think pretty much any game that works on 7 will run on 8.

11. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Gta as runs fine on w8.1 as well as 8, like Veryon said, any game that runs on windows 7 Wil run on 8/8.1 other then things that rely on directdraw (deprecated directx feature)

Sent from the 3rd galaxy via the talks of tapping

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The only issue with GTASA is not unique to windows 8 but impacts windows 7 too. Turns out it uses a DirectX8 feature for handling the mouse, that is fine on vista and below as it is included as a legacy feature but it caused issues on windows 7 and 8 with the mouse not being recognised outside of menus til alt-tab was used a few times (or steam overlay apparently fixes it but logoster put me onto the fix by then).

Logoster actually put me onto a source for the issue at hand. turns out you can get a DINPUT8.DLL file online and either stick it in system32 or into the GTASA folder (I went with GTASA) and the mouse works fine again. Now I've done that, it works great on windows 8.1, max settings on an HD4000 fuck yeah \o/ Nah, not a demanding game these days, wicked fun though, been playing it recently.

13. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, but the last time I played it was on my Nexus 7 2012. Last year I played the missions on that during bus rides and boring study halls. I think I'm almost done. I just haven't really used my tablet ever since I got a smartphone, which doesn't support the game.

14. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Looks like it's delayed to April 14th.
    No source because phone

15. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

How many times has GTA V for PC been delayed now?
    I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Duke Nukem Forever.

16. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

Its confirmed its on Rockstars's website.

17. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

he said "no source on phone"

because he can't link a source (he could actually, it'd take more work then it's worth though) because he posted that from his phone

18. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

Oops I misunderstood, I see what he means now:)

19. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

DNF wasn't already released on other platforms.

20. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Only a few weeks more so I can live with that. It better be one hell of a game though...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice