GTA V discussion

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Slammington, Sep 26, 2014.

1. justin428

justin428
    Expand Collapse

I'm out. Just based on principle too. They cant just keep delaying it over and over again. Rockstar is like a lazy frat boy who just cant seem to wake up before noon everyday.

And that sucks for companies like invidia too. I was going to buy a new video card pretty much just for that game. I've completely lost interest in it. I had the 360 version and it was god-awful. Terrible physics and the game just wasn't anything to write home about but I was still interested in the pc version because those can be corrected somewhat.

Now that they've delayed it, the pc sales will suffer. Then, when GTA6 comes out they wont release a pc version because they'll say sales for the 5's pc version was terrible. Yeah, because you delayed it over and over. I'm done wasting time with Rockstar.

2. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Dammit... I'm this close to saying fuck it and not buying it. Now I'm just gonna wait for a sale and pick it up cheap. I was okay shelling out £39.99 or whatever... but not now. I swear if the port sucks then I'm going to flip shit.

3. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Only reason I haven't cancelled my pre-order yet is because I want the in-game money. I really hope some reviewer gets ahold of it to see if it's a good port before release, so I can still cancel it just in time, if it turns out to be shite.

4. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Well the system req already suggests it is and with the delays I'm pretty sure it will be a good game. (it better)

5. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

I can totally see them doing this.

But I'm really getting tired of this. Fortunately, they are giving us another 200k for online because of this. (Assuming we actually get the money. I don't tend to trust promos like this) Regardless, this better be one damn good game if we're having to wait this long.

6. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Wait
    What?
    Are you serious?
    They're giving people in-game money to make up for the delays?
    I can't believe that's actually an effective tactic to settle the community down.
    Seriously, why the hell do you people care that much about in-game money?

#86 Potato, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  7. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Because of how shite the game is honestly... The online may be the worst online I've ever seen in a triple-A title, GTA 4 had WAY better online because it was simple. Free mode isn't fun because in the beginning, you can't AT ALL defend yourself from getting killed CONSTANTLY by high levels or hackers while trying to have fun with your mates.

Then there's the missions you do online... You unlock car stuff by doing races, and you unlock guns by doing deathmatches, instead of just unlocking it on an XP basis, BUT you earn WAY more XP and way more money with deathmatching than by winning races. So if you're like me and you're bad at shooting, and just want to free-roam and do some races, well, tough, because then you'll never unlock good guns to battle those high levels that keep killing you while you're in said freemode. And you won't ever get better at shooting because you don't get much practise because before you're even able to shoot whoever is targetting you, you're already dead.

Or, if you're the opposite, and you're not good at racing but you can deathmatch, well, you'll never unlock car parts to make your cars look cool.

Their online system just sucks really badly because it's extremely backwards.

Earning enough money to get a house in GTA online takes far, far too long. When they gave everyone like 500,000, I still only had maybe 30k, and I ended up spending most of the money getting a house...

Long story short, earning money and unlocking stuff in GTA Online is a massive grind, it's boring as hell. You don't earn enough money to make it worth the effort, and everything costs far too much to have some fun when you're only beginning.
    I'm fine that some people love this type of online, but for the others, there's no alternative free mode version where you can just go in, get a car, a tank, or a helicopter and have fun with your mates like in GTA 4. You pretty much can't do anything unless you spend hours to grind while playing with unfriendly massively overpowered people that just keep trying to kill you for no reason at all...

Then there's earning money in Single player after the storyline... For example the Golf Club... Based on certain decisions in the storyline you may have so little money that you don't want to spend that much on 1 business because it won't be worth it. I played through the storyline pretty well, taking the route of the most money, yet I still had 20 million less than my mate, I think because I didn't invest in the stock market at all because I thought it wasn't interesting... So I spent a bunch of money upgrading cars and buying a tank and such, but afterwards I didn't have a lot of money in general in the game, so I figured "eh, I'm not gonna spend half a million on 1 business, because it'll only earn me 5 grand a day"... So that way you pretty much lock yourself out from ever earning money at all...

8. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

You're right.
    My biggest grief with GTA 5 online is that everything you do has consequences.
    If you decide to go out with your friends and just fuck shit up for an hour, by the end you'll have no ammo, no guns, no money, and all of your cars will be totaled/impounded/destroyed.
    The way they tried to make the online like a second campaign is what messed it up. It's just not supposed to be.
    That being said, I've never really had a problem with keeping money in GTA online. I think I have somewhere above 400k right now. It's because I bought a big apartment early on and never really spend any money I guess. :\
    You've made your point but I, personally, don't care nearly enough about fake, digital funds for it to make up for rockstar delaying their game again and again. That is if I cared, of course. I've got it on xbox which is plenty for me. I don't even have a computer that would run it anyway.

9. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Sorry. I meant another GTA IV.

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Lesters assassination missions influence the stock market it very predictable ways (he even hints in mission brief). Exponential monetary return. Plus you can wait until after the final heist to do them.

11. Rage

Rage
    Expand Collapse

12. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Only if you're terrible at it.

If you do a single survival mission you'll pick up tons of ammo and cash from dead bodies, as well as the cash awarded from it. The insurance is meant to be a suggestion to be careful with your property, and it's a fair thing because why would you destroy your own car?

Cash is still easy to come by. I lose a maximum of $500 every time I die, and I don't lose a single bullet or gun just from the death. I can do a gang attack and pick up 3-4 $500 crates in a matter of a minute. The game is easily self sustaining as long as you aren't terrible at it, that's not really a reason to complain at all.

13. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

The only problem with GTA online is how quickly it gets boring when you don't have many friends to play with.

As for money, just spam survival missions until you get rich and don't buy an apartment because they're utterly useless, just buy a 10-car garage instead.
    Or even better, buy the Blaine County garage, it fits only 6 cars but it's dirt cheap and 90% of the time you have all of Blaine County to yourself, something good when you mostly play with random people considering how everyone in GTA online is an asshole.
    And good cars aren't even that expensive. The only supercar remotely worth buying IMO is the Comet (dat sound) which is $100K. Most sports cars and off roaders can be stolen.

So unless you want to have 10 chrome adders in your $500K apartment in LS, you're fine with doing a bunch of survivals. I never bothered with guns, shooting with a controller is terrible anyway and I find no fun in going around killing other players randomly.

14. MrSteakPotato

MrSteakPotato
    Expand Collapse

Visual upgrades for cars are mostly (if not all) unlocked by ranking up. Guns and gun upgrades are also rank based. Then there are the skins for guns that are unlocked by killing players. Performance upgrades on cars are unlocked by winning races. The best way to win/unlock parts: Host the race of your choice and select the supers class and turn customs off. The purpose of using supers is that it unlocks the parts for ever vehicle class rather then having to go through each class and win the required number of races to unlock the parts.

I agree.

Any time that I've tried to fill my ammo when playing a survival it limits the amount I can pickup. Maybe thats just a ps3 thing :confused:

I'm in a similar boat.

15. KingCatLXIX

KingCatLXIX
    Expand Collapse

Delayed to April 14.

i cri.

16. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

R* should fix their bloody smoothing groups. Every picture containing a vehicle has completely broken smoothing groups around the doors. Can anyone else see this or am I going mad?

17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I've noticed it since the first day in last gen, but meh its not like they'll fix it anytime soon.

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I noticed this in one of the screens..
    gtav02272015_15.jpg

*CSI Magnify*
    vb1AN3Z.jpg

19. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the smoothing groups are completely broken, especially the doors. If they don't fix that it will make the whole game look like shit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice