GTA V discussion

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Slammington, Sep 26, 2014.

1. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

And that's why those 3 are some of GTA V's best cars

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Yeah, the FWD handling is actually pretty fun. You can tell there's some semblance of a real car being simulated underneath all the arcade crap. Every RWD car feels the same and is basically either gripping the road like an F1 car or spinning out; nothing in between.

And of course there's a pile of economy cars that should be FWD but aren't, like the minivan, the Ingot (Volvo wagon knockoff), and a ton more I can't think of right now.

Oh, and cars like the Habanero (Lexus RX knockoff) that are FWD-based AWD SUVs are either RWD or just super rear-biased, which is wrong.

3. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Shhh! Bakasan will kill you. Its a Nissan Stagea m8

4. Volvo

Volvo
    Expand Collapse

That's my favourite car. I wish they would add the sport version of, the VD90R that was in GTA IV..

(imported from here)

5. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

It is a shame about the interiors. Surely the modelers would have noticed that you look at the dials through the steering wheel, not above it, upon their daily commute to work. That, and a little more variety (or at least remove the Futo badging from the Blista's cluster:p)

That said, I wouldn't go as far as to call the models "terrible", of course they're far from perfect, but they could be a lot worse, especially given that GTA is by no means a "simulation" game (you could almost call it cartoonist), and is not only about cars. I guess it still doesn't totally justify the blatant lack of attention to detail, which should be something hardwired in to a professional modeler. I guess there is always PC mods:D

6. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

What would happen if Rockstar dumped $500 million cash on the table for the BeamNG tech?

7. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

It pisses me off how their knock-off cars don't resemble their real life counterparts at all besides the exterior. If I was presented with the task of making a bunch of knock-off cars, I'd take the opportunity to learn everything about the cars that I'm knocking off. It'd be interesting.
    The crown vics got a v6 engine sound which isn't ok at all.
    The way they simulate wheelspin also sucks. It's like when your wheels start to spin, the car hardly creeps forward and doesn't really start moving at all until the wheels grip. It's hard to explain, but I can't be the only person to think this, can I?
    You can't ever get just a chirp either; its either none at all or a ton.
    The way they simulate cars in that game as a whole irritates me. Like driving gocarts.
    I also borrowed a friend's game to play on my Xbox One. First person is pretty cool, but it doesn't really make up for the handling.

8. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of which, they should have definately fixed up and added this as a playable vehicle:

(imported from here)

Nah, I've always thought of it as an 850 knockoff. Especially given that Vulcar is Sweedish...

9. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

10. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps I could mod it into the game for PC, and paste it over a meaningless supercar (and have the ruined one as a beater:p). According to IGCD it's a Renault Alliance (and it rather does look like one)

11. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

So many wasted cars in Los Santos

(imported from here)

12. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I wish the game had a hardcore mode. First person only, no crosshair (forced to aim down sights), drastically increased vehicle damage, less tire grip, and lower health with no regen. I would play the hell out of that. It'd be like my dream game.

13. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

14. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

The Blista Compact is back in the XB1/PS4 version, so I guess that makes four. There's also the Prius knockoff. Still, way too many supercars. There are some other nice cars though, such as the old Mercedes, the AMC pacer knockoff, and a bunch of BMWs which actually look pretty good.

15. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

• Elegant GTA V.png
  16. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Ya, something like that. Now I just need a name. Any ideas?

17. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Karin Hakuro

18. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

Karin Kurokawa .

19. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

The biggest problem with cars in GTA V: no steel wheels.

20. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

The Ingot, Minivan, Asterope, Blista Compact, Pigalle and a few others are FWD too. They're not all economy but you should try them for their handling.

Also, I know it's a typical response, but this is also all stuff that can be fixed when the PC version comes around. In fact, I could even fix all of this on the modded Xbox 360 I have if anyone was curious about it. The handling line for drive types in GTA is extremely simple. It's a value of 1 or 0, 1 being full FWD and 0 being full RWD, with any value in between being AWD with the split depending on what you enter. For example, 0.25 would be 75% RWD and 25% FWD. If I wanted to fix the Habanero to be AWD I would just set its value to 0.5.

One of the Muscle class rims looks like steelies when you paint them black.

#140 TheAdmiester, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice