GTA V discussion

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Slammington, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

very well, it shall be a late 80's Toyota knockoff:D
    As I recall, the Blista Compact (the 80s one) has steel wheels, unless they got rid of them for V.

2. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

On another similar note, one car we're sorely missing in V is the Hakumai.

(imported from here)

FWD, functional (although not animated) pop up headlights, nice 4cyl sound and nice handling. It'd be perfect in V, especially with the car tuning features. They've also already proven that they can add cars with animated headlights with the Dukes, so making the Hakumai's lights pop up properly wouldn't be too hard.

EDIT: Car sounds can also be fixed with a simple mod, adding to my previous post. All you have to do is change a reference of a car's name in vehicles.ide to another name. So fixing the Crown Vic knockoff's I6 sound would be as simple as changing its reference name to whichever car sounds most accurate for it, probably something like the Emperor.

3. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

This is going to be a great idea for GTAV , though i rarely drive this car in GTAIV , since there are no cheats for it and it's extremely rare , just like the willard .

4. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Ah yes, the Hakumai, very much needed in V. I started a 2 door mod version, perhaps I should finish it (and curve the pillars while I'm at it:D). Once again, this can be a mod over a meaningless supercar.

The sound thing is pretty simple, it worked well in IV for me, hopefully that's the same for V.

5. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Assuming GTA 5 still uses the WFT and WTD texture and model formats when it hits PC, getting the Hakumai from 4 to 5 could literally be drag and drop. This is the first time we will have had two RAGE engine GTA games on PC, so nobody knows how cross compatible they might be. Hopefully they're similar enough for that because there'll be a lot of content we can add easily.

It already is the same for the sound thing. Even on Xbox 360 the game uses handling and vehicles files. The only difference this time is that they're stored in a .rpf archive, but we can already extract those. Like I said earlier, I could make that mod right now even on the console version.

6. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

7. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

That ElCapro guy has no idea what he is talking about lol...resolution. "smoothing have moved on" haha. I'd like to help but I am too lazy to create an account right now..

8. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, but you can't fit steel wheels on any car.

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I'm not at a PC right now to edit them myself, but someone could easily take some screenshots of a BeamNG mod with and without broken smoothing groups to demonstrate that this is nothing to do with age of the console or resolution and is a genuine mesh error.

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Is that ok? It's the same principle..
    UxFe25q.jpg

Also, call them hard edges. Smoothing groups are a thing in 3DS Max (and a few other softwares) only.

11. Dennis-W

Dennis-W
    Expand Collapse

wait, what?

Did they put the blista compact from GTA IV in V?

It must have been over a half year that I've played GTA V for the last time.

12. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

It's in the XB1/PS4 versions.

13. Volvo

Volvo
    Expand Collapse

Three cars i'd like in GTA V is the Solair, the Uranus and the Fortune. I can't see why they couldn't just port all vehicles from GTA IV anyway..

14. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

That's why the PC version will be better, we will be able to replace all the generic supercars with the cars from GTA IV that should be in V but aren't.

15. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Better yet, because of the fact that Rockstar have proven that vehicles can be added and not just replaced in their DLC, people will be able to reverse engineer those and figure out how to add cars instead of replacing them, just like they eventually did with IV.

16. MrSteakPotato

MrSteakPotato
    Expand Collapse

Not only did they put it in V but they put it in the sports car class

17. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Seems like the vehicles.ide (now vehicles.meta) processing/working has changed in GTA 5. I managed to swap the names of a car correctly, changing the Police car to display Emperor as its name, but it didn't inherit the sound of the Emperor like it would doing the same on GTA IV.

18. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Force of habit when all you do is get paid to add super cars to GTA 5 for a living :p

Also posted another reply on the Social Club that should explain it pretty well.

19. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

It does, even the vehshare textures are 100% same as in GTAIV, maybe some added. The interior from the Sadler i released, ripped from GTAV is the same as GTAIV's Contender.
    I don't see why they wouldn't use .wtf, as it is easy to modify, and the last thing rockstar should want is to block the modding abilities of GTAV.

Best car from GTAIV non present in GTAV is do doubt the Willard, my fav car from the GTA series.
    It even has curved pillars gaeb:rolleyes:
    776.jpg
    Soliad owners club go mad now.

20. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Not that I would miss any of the DLC supercars, I'd be glad they're gone. For most of them anyway.
    The only supercars I like in GTA V are the Infernus and the Voltic (because electric). Which makes me think, why the hell isn't there a Tesla Model S knockoff? Rockstar, add that immediately.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice