Cancelled Gumbal LP500 S, beginning a new story.

Discussion in 'Land' started by psy_lo, Jan 6, 2018.

?

Do we have to rework the Countach mod to make it great again?

1. Yes

89.6%
  2. No

6.4%
  3. Don't care!

4.0%
  1. psy_lo

psy_lo
    Expand Collapse

...it's my goal if everyone can enjoy with it! It's really cool for movies...

2. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

id be happy to help with some jbeam and 3d stuff but im not good at texturing things.
    im very happy to see this mod alive again.

3. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

idk if i read this correctly but whether you change the brand or not it's not allowed on the repo

4. psy_lo

psy_lo
    Expand Collapse

...race parts, race rim and special race exhaust must be furthermore modeled. If you're interested, you're of course welcome!

img-1419017823-286.jpg CountachRacing91.jpg img-1419017823-286.jpg
    --- Post updated ---
    I would see at the right time, after making the necessary changes ... if not, it will be released outside the repo! It does not matter!

If you take a look on official car from repo, there is no brands like in reality... ETK 800, German station wagons(BMW?), Civetta is based off Italian companies such as Ferrari and Lancia, Covet styled after certain Japanese models from around 1987-1995, ect...

5. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

I really don't like that name, I think it should be a Civetta.

6. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The model's from Forza, unless you remake the whole mesh its always going to be a forza mesh.

7. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Gumbal is an interesting name. However I think it sounds too much like gumball.

If I didn't make it a Civetta, I'd probably name its company something along the lines of Bovino or Toro (Italian for Bovine and Bull respectively) since Civetta is Italian for owl and Lamborghini has a bull for its symbol.

Yeah, I think Bovino sounds like a sick name for an Italian car company, at least in my opinion it does.

8. psy_lo

psy_lo
    Expand Collapse

If you take a look on official car from repo, there is no brands resulting from reality... ETK 800, German station wagons(BMW?), Civetta is based off Italian companies such as Ferrari and Lancia, Covet styled after certain Japanese models from around 1987-1995, ect...
    For your information, Forza does not have the same 3D engine as BNG. Therefore 3D models used with Forza, with more than 300'000 edges/faces/tris are not modeled to work optimally with Torque3D used by BNG. That's why only ignorant people talking about modeling 3D think that just take a model here and bring it back there. The whole work to adapt a model designed for another system is so big and is not worth undertaking, except for those who like to waste their time. The model used for this mod counts 85'000 edges/faces/sorts and has nothing to do with the model of Forza you are referring to. You can also take a note that the system for textures has nothing to do between Forza and T3D!

I do not see any interest in raising this point in this thread. I might as well remark that the "pseudo cop of the meshes" would do well to go about his business rather than to tell gossip nonsense and without knowing what he is talking about. By the way, thank you.

A Countach is a Countach and will always have the same design :)

9. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I don't think you get what I'm saying. And I read its a Forza model from here.

You have zero permission to use the model unless you show proof that the creator either gave you permission or you are the person who created. Just because "A Countach is a Countach" doesn't mean you have permission to use this model. And models don't always use the same design. They have a wireframe which shows how the model is made. So just because you simply changed some badges doesn't give you the right to upload it on the repository. The forums is where real brands can be posted as the forums don't require any looking at from moderators before posting, meaning if someone wanted a thread taking down it wouldn't be the dev's fault. Please, show me permission to use this model from the original owner meaning you would be able to put it on the repository. Because as far as I'm concerned, you don't.

10. psy_lo

psy_lo
    Expand Collapse

I took the first name that came to my mind. For me a Countach is gladly associated with The Cannonball Run from 81' with Burt Reynolds, delirious movies I see when I've 10 years old with awesome cars and a beautiful Countach LP400S I never forget, a must see!. Of course, the name can always be discussed and changed with better proposition.

I like a lot your suggestion, it's a right good idea something along the lines of Bovino or Toro. That could very well do it! Mheuu mheuuu.
    --- Post updated ---
    Forget me man, you can't affirm things like you say without any credibility. I have all the skills needed to work on my own models and I know exactly what is copyright with my daily job. A 3D model like the one you're talking about does not interest me, for the reasons I've described above. The first version of this mod is now outdated, but it is this mod that triggered in me the idea of doing something to make the Countach great again, I do not use anything of this mod that touches rights of authors. About your request, you do not have any competence to come and tell me what to do and how to do it. You can not be something you're not. Walk on home boy!

#30 psy_lo, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  11. SwagMaster11

SwagMaster11
    Expand Collapse

I just hope you got Dudemans permission to use his models...

12. psy_lo

psy_lo
    Expand Collapse

Keep calm! Nobody did tell you it's "his model". It would bother and bored me using a 3D model when I can take all the gratify making one in a few of hours, exactly as I wish! Hope your hopes will fulfill all your expectations and your satisfaction!

#32 psy_lo, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  13. SwagMaster11

SwagMaster11
    Expand Collapse

At the time you posted this thread I was starting to post a thread called Lamborghini Countach Fixed which only fixes the texture problem and gets it to work again. What about you post this mod on the respotory and once I get mine to work, I post it as a thread.

14. psy_lo

psy_lo
    Expand Collapse

We are not talking about the same subject. Congrats for your new mod!

15. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

How's the progress? Very good? I think :)

16. psy_lo

psy_lo
    Expand Collapse

Work in progress with the utmost care for a result at the greatness of this car! I can't do less ;-)

17. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Ok :)

18. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Looks good!

19. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Yup!

20. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Looks great but I saw you posted it on the wrong section...it should be on the "Land" section.
    --- Post updated ---
    "Please place things in the appropriate categories." - gabester

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice