1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Happy One Year Anniversary!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cardinal799, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

It isn't for everyone yet, but happy birthday to BeamNG! I haven't been here for all of it, but it has been a fun first year for me.

2. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

It's been a good year indeed!

I wonder if the Race update will drop on it's birthday :rolleyes:

3. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

A year all ready? wow a lot of progress has been made and it has been a great first year. Kudos to the Devs and other great members and content creators on these forums :D.

And for a little throw back check out this link: https://web.archive.org/web/20120715000000*/http://Beamng.com They have some older versions of this website. There cool to look at and see how far it's come :).

4. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I remember the forums were much less active when I joined. (Before Drive was released)

5. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Wow, it's been a year already. I can still remember watching the release clock thingy while listening to "The Final Countdown"

Here's a screenshot I took of the glorious moment
    The Final Countdown.png

6. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

The glorious moment where the servers crashed :p

But yea its been one year already :D

7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I remember being one of the first to get the demo which I played while the full version took a LONG time to download due to so many people downloading it.

8. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

god, it has been a while; hasn't it?

even longer since this

#8 Hati, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  9. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Guess it's time to rewatch all the old BeamNG videos again.

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

It's been a lot over a year for some of us.
    I first figure out about the engine about this time 2 years ago but I did t know there were forums till February of 2013. :|

- - - Updated - - -

For the 10 thousandth time.

11. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Wow. That's a crazy long time. Crazier that I've been on here since I found out about it from ROR. I feel like I've been on ROR a lot longer but in reality it was only about 4 months.

Happy birthday BNG!
    (Have a doctor who themed gif following my avatar! (also the new season starts soon! ahhhh!))
    5819279104.gif

12. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I recall visiting Youtube a few days after that video's release in mid-2012. By chance, I managed to see it boosted to Youtube's front page due to its popularity. Had I not seen that there, I may not have been informed of BeamNG's existence.

Anyway, upon the release of the second or third video, I decided it may settle my curiosity to stop by the forums mentioned in the videos' descriptions. From that day forward, I visited semi-regularly. I was here to see Gabe's soft unveiling of the vehicles seen in the videos, and therefore the start of the official showroom. I recall seeing the H-series win the "what vehicle should I work on next?" thread by a landslide. Donoteat's incredible work on PenguinvilleNG, and, inversely, the announcement of engine change toward January-February 2013. Then the streaming sessions, and then the mysterious release countdown, plus BeamNG's first publicly released mod.

I only ever got an account upon BeamNG's release. So, yeah, about a year ago I joined the forums I'd been observing from afar. Memories, huh?

13. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

wow. one year
    and it was in 2012 that i heard about this awesome game!
    heres a celebratory gif i made (turn into your avatar/profile pic if you want)

beam.gif
    also,
    what happened to the rally track in this video? i dont think its in any of the maps. some one should try to make it

14. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I think it may have been an early version of Dry Rock Island.

15. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Will never forget that fateful day cruising through IGN and seeing "the most realistic damage model you've never seen". Can't wait to see where this is August 2015.:cool:

16. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Remember all those "GTA V physics" videos that were literally the same video as the one posted above?

17. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

I feel like it has gone through very quickly. I wish I could see how many people were on at the time of release, it was at the bottom but it has been changed due to a new most viewers ever. They should have a "View past Record Views" button with dates.

18. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

Happy birthday beamng i only have had this game for 2-3 weeks and i am loving it happy 1st birthday beamng

19. Spartacus

Spartacus
    Expand Collapse

Happy Birthday BeamNG! A year already, You're maturing really fast! Congratulations.:)

20. TheRealPhil

TheRealPhil
    Expand Collapse

Time flies , gonna be two years for me soon:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice