1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Has your fps changed with the update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moosedks, Jun 23, 2014.

1. mtchll3

mtchll3
    Expand Collapse

its a quad core, it must have been overclocked quite alot to get 3.4ghz, (the max running speed), i have an amd a6-5200 which on the bench mark web site says mine is better (but urs is overclockable and appears it has been), and yet i haven't got any improvements from the update which is weird, i might un install and redownload,

2. Jamzs3

Jamzs3
    Expand Collapse

My laptop is averages at 40 on flat land, -20* on demanding maps, AI's don't affect much fps, Still having lots of fun!

*Less than 20fps

#42 Jamzs3, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  3. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Small Island used to be barely playable for me and dropped frames hard going over the bridge. Now it runs significantly better and the bridge is actually one of the least taxing sections of the map for my computer. The fact that the new additions were supposed to have made the map run worse rather than better amuses me.

On the other hand, Dry Rock Island is now the new barely playable map. It stutters so heavily that it's difficult to do much on it. Turning graphical settings down still seems to have little impact on performance in either case.

Industrial seems to run about the same. Didn't feel worse or better. Spawning even a single Moonhawk also still causes frames to stutter even on the pure gridmap. However, the performance as I spawn more cars has improved significantly across the board.

Optimization sure is a tricky thing.

4. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Mine has really dropped. Not sure why, its almost unplayable on the same settings now

5. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

7fps drop. From an unstable 22 fps (on grid map). The pre race update has somewhat aggravated my lag problems :(

6. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that the load from the CPU moved on to the GPU so the game doesn't stutter at all now but I can hear the GPU working under load. I suppose that this is caused by the new PostFX settings. Overall I give this update a positive rating because I can run multiple cars at a time without any lags.

7. Zoidbergs_Lv

Zoidbergs_Lv
    Expand Collapse

Totally noticeable. Before I was getting ~ 40-50 FPS with my i7 4771. Now I get 50-120 depending on the car and map.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

the load didnt move from CPU to GPU. THe load on the CPU was slightly lessened. The load on the GPU was slightly increased. The 2 are independent factors. The additional GPU load is entirely graphical improvements so not a case of stuff being taken off the CPU and placed on GPU instead.

9. crashman50

crashman50
    Expand Collapse

Where is the download to that version??

10. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Run the updater.exe, but if you are going from before the pre-race to the pre-race you will have to download the setup.exe from the big Download tab up at the top

11. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

All the information you need can be easily found with a few clicks of your mouse

12. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

Whoa! lag with a 780ti! that card is so good I should start calling it "THE 780ti" are you sure that the card is not damaged?! I have a 750ti and it runs the game decent with the new update, I would get that check bud.

13. Tdaddy14

Tdaddy14
    Expand Collapse

It really all comes down to your computer and the specs on it I believe.

14. Quannix

Quannix
    Expand Collapse

Less of an FPS drop from intensive cars like the Moonhawk, but more of an FPS drop from plants and vegetation. Average FPS is about the same for me.

15. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

With the settings I run and on a computer that is 6 years old I didnt see much difference...but I am running parts that have mostly been discontinued and stuff...so I cannot really give you all a good answer...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice