hating things

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Igorr, Mar 12, 2023.

  1. John Hunter

    John Hunter
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2022
    Messages:
    45
    It's not only lies, I'm almost certain at this point that AI makes people dumber by the day because no one does their own reseach anymore.

    Seriously, I'm like the only person in class to still whip out a book when asked to research something. Everyone else just grabs their phone and asks some shitty AI chatbot that spits out bullshit 90 percent of the time...
    It's sickening.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. pigeonperson

    pigeonperson
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2023
    Messages:
    1,153
    Pretty sure Google Gemini tried to tell me once that the Bruckell Bastion was an SUV.

    It currently tells you that it comes with a Station Wagon, even though that is a mod...
    upload_2025-11-18_12-2-17.png
     
  3. DontKnowWhy186

    DontKnowWhy186
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2022
    Messages:
    1,032
    Not as bad as it doing basic maths. I searched up GCSE grade points it says that 52 is the same as 5 grade 6s and 1 grade 7 (1 point = 1 grade 1)
     
  4. default0.0player

    default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2018
    Messages:
    2,158
    You can do basic maths using a calculator
    --- Post updated ---
    Here's more
    I hate that the bleakness of the future is almost entirely anthropogenic.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. trm7

    trm7
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2016
    Messages:
    499
    i Hate apps, everything has an app. You car has an app, your ac.heater in your house has an app, your doorbell has an app, your fridge can have an app, your job has an app. WHY?!!! are you telling me taking your phone out and opening an app to unlock your car, an app that can glitch or not work right so you now need to also carry a backup key card in your wallet just in case so now your pulling out your phone and your wallet to go into your car.Is that really more convineient than using a key or a normal key fob which both take 2 seconds and work almost 100% of the time? I dont think so. Why must i control the temp in my house using an app why cant i just have a normal physical knob and buttons it doesn't make it easier the first day the new ac unit got installed i had to watch a tutorial cause it wasnt working right and i couldnt figure it out. I should have to WATCH A TUTORIAL to change the temp of my ac/heater. New fridges come with apps and i just know im gonna have to be forced to get one some day as non app fridges slowly die out. My mother wanted one of them camera door bells and anyways of course it needs and app and i find your have to pay a subscription. PEOPLE ARE PAYING A SUBSCRIPTION FOR THEIR FREAKIN DOORBELL NOW WHAT?!!! I will never pay a subscription for my doorbell. I will never download a app and pay a subscription for my car, my doorbell, or my fridge or any other useless crap. its just lunacy to me.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. default0.0player

    default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2018
    Messages:
    2,158
    Mozilla
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. can't think of a username

    can't think of a username
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2022
    Messages:
    538
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with Firefox right now. I've used it for 6 years and I'm very happy. No reason to change it to more AI crap
     
  8. Mrs Kiltry

    Mrs Kiltry
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2020
    Messages:
    24
    well...
     
  9. Igorr

    Igorr
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2021
    Messages:
    338
    that aged like milk
     
  10. ClarOnNG

    ClarOnNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2025
    Messages:
    398
    oh, boy. where do I even start with this?

    I really hate the fact that ROBLOX now requires age checks to simply speak. what's worse is that they will put you into an age group, and you can't talk to people outside of that age group. this impacts a lot of games that rely on communication (e.g. flight games and restaurant games). the company that checks your age is Persona, even though they are being sued because of how they handle your data. ROBLOX says that they delete your data right after you complete the age check. I don't believe that. I am not comfortable giving my face to some shady third party that has been sued before. what's worse about this update is that it makes it easier for bad people to catch kids, by simply buying an account that is in a specific age group. this update actually violates several laws (here in the U.S.), like the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the Biometric Information Privacy Act (in Illinois), and the First Amendment. and then in March, they are going to require age checks to use Team Create. I know very well that this will impact a lot of games that are made by a team with varying ages (this includes me). if the people in the development team don't know each other in real life, then that's pretty much the end of that team, and their game

    they also said that they have plans to make you re-take the age check if they think you faked it:
    Screenshot2026-01-10181958.png

    I joined this platform in 2017, and this is the worst update that I have ever seen
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. default0.0player

    default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2018
    Messages:
    2,158
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. classictruckfan0429

    classictruckfan0429
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2025
    Messages:
    67
    One thing that I hate is when idiots steal forum mods and put them on modland.
     
  13. SupraTech

    SupraTech
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2025
    Messages:
    1,127
    Damn I cannot make games anymore because of that stupid update, I ain't uploading my face for it to get leaked (sooner or later there will be a leak for sure...)
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. classictruckfan0429

    classictruckfan0429
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2025
    Messages:
    67
    Roblox won't survive the rest of 2026 if they keep the AI age verification update, the "update" is the only reason I quit Roblox and came back to BeamNG.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. ClarOnNG

    ClarOnNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2025
    Messages:
    398
    I've heard that once you complete the age check, you're stuck with whatever age it estimated, unless you have an ID of some sort. they also recently said that your face isn't considered biometric data when you complete the age check... :confused::confused::confused:

    ROBLOX is the new 1984
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. classictruckfan0429

    classictruckfan0429
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2025
    Messages:
    67
    More like Roblox is the new North Korea.
    --- Post updated ---
    I have faith that Roblox will one day go back to normal when David loses enough money, and players, to revert the AI Age verification, but it will likely never happen.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. mrechidna

    mrechidna
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2022
    Messages:
    48
    it will never happen david has just gone pyscho dont do the age check your data may aswell get leaked as persona is known for interesting stuff.
     
  18. MarcDoesRacing

    MarcDoesRacing
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2022
    Messages:
    1,169
    this fuckass g29 being shit and not turning on the one time i want to play beam.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Louie's Workshop

    Louie's Workshop
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2021
    Messages:
    3,299
    It's a complete and utter joke. They always pull strawman arguments out of their red rectum and say "Oh you must just be a pedophile" or "Oh you're just a pervert who wants pornography in the hands of children?"
    Mind you, these are the same people who hide behind ridiculous usernames and profile pictures, If they wanted this so bad, they should just have all of their PII listed in their signature and their full legal name as their username on everything, but I don't see people running to do that.
     
  20. default0.0player

    default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2018
    Messages:
    2,158
    It spreads to Minecraft
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice