Heavy Duty Rear Suspension On Gavril H-Series Needs Stiffening.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Again_Dejavu, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Loading the cargo box with six bales of hay, which fit perfectly, causes the wheels to clip through the cargo box with any sort of movement.
    2015-08-07_00002.jpg
    The suspension should be much stiffer, this vehicle was made to carry things, not for a smooth ride. I realize this isn't an ultra high priority issue, but it would make a difference to me.

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Fixed, I think. Raised spring rate by 67% and stiffened the bump stops. It can carry a 2.5 ton Vanster without clipping, though I haven't tried 6 hay bales.

3. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

err...
    Issue seems to be worse in new update. It'll happen with the unloaded truck now.
    2015-08-07_00003.jpg

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Works fine here. Maybe the file didn't make it into the update.

5. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

The .jbeam for the semi's F and R suspension were updated on August 4th in the files I have from the new update, the R wheels were updated on August 7th, and the main truck .jbeam was edited July 31st.

Unless those are the wrong files for the changes you made, I'd guess from the dates that they might be the newer versions but it depends on when you made the changes before or after your first reply.

6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I made some changes to wheel and suspension files late last night (technically August 7th) so it could be that those changes made it in, but not today's fix for the HD rear suspension.

7. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

If you want you could list the values of the responsible line in your version, and I'll list what the same line is in the latest update.

8. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

The issue was for the van w/ cargobox, not the semi w/ cargobox

9. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Oops.

Van heavy duty suspension and wheels were all updated August 7th, the cargo box itself - which probably doesn't affect suspension but will list for clarity's sake - was edited July 31st.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice