WIP Beta released Heavy_Rain 0.1.10

A race track that is on and around a mountain.

1. madtacodude

madtacodude
    Expand Collapse

madtacodude submitted a new resource:

Heavy_Rain - A race track that is on and around a mountain.

Read more about this resource...

2. Superchu Frostbite

Superchu Frostbite
    Expand Collapse

I think that if you are going to make a mountain road, you should make it a Touge, not a contiguous circuit. I do, however, like the dark, rainy atmosphere. I feel like there are people being murdered in the surrounding woods. Unfortunately, the roads are FAR too steep. Most vehicles in the game don't have the low end torque required to climb the last hill before the downhill surge, and the downhill surge reminded me of a roller coaster. I noticed the track is cramped in places, consider scaling up the mountain while keeping the road the same width. This will give you more room to follow the terrain. Try adding small bridges and switchbacks to deal with large changes in altitude.
    EDIT: I just noticed the drag strip, Which I approve of, also, have you altered the pavement's coefficient of friction to account for the rain?

#2 Superchu Frostbite, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  3. madtacodude

madtacodude
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna work on the map a bit today and if all goes well, there will be a new version later in the day. But I have not altered the pavement's properties. Would you like for the drag strip to have a little more detail added to it? Because I did not do too much with it.

4. Superchu Frostbite

Superchu Frostbite
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I LOVE the idea of a fully equipped drag strip tucked away in the mountains. when I say fully equipped, I mean it looks the part. Just bear in mind that mountains are thousands of meters high and can be several times wider. This map as a whole is an impressive first attempt.

5. coolbill14_ 2

coolbill14_ 2
    Expand Collapse

what i ment by a on/off was that in the enviroment tab under weather "you can turn rain to on or off" :D just like wind speed clouds and other

6. GatheringAgate

GatheringAgate
    Expand Collapse

When I saw this first I thought the Heavy Rain game.

7. xXMlgToastXx

xXMlgToastXx
    Expand Collapse

Hey, good map, this reminds me of a game.

8. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

I have noticed that you used a mesh road. I like this idea, but if a car goes off the road, we cannot get back on, and we have to respawn, which is very annoying, especially when your racing or something. Also, don't make clouds, they come with the sky, but the clouds that you added, look like circuits all over, and they go all over. Just remove in the missiongroup "clouds". I like the idea of rain, but it gets very patchy. Back to the roads, I think that you should use decal roads instead of mesh roads. And then you need to make sure that the terrain is nice and smooth so that the car doesn't bounce all over. I think that the mesh road was kind of a shortcut that you took to shorten the amount of time. Despite this few things, I highly enjoy this map. I especially like the way you used light up markers for the start and finish line. I really like the quality that I found in this. Keep up the good work though. Best regards, A.I.M

9. darrenthebestman

darrenthebestman
    Expand Collapse

i thought it was a mod :(

10. Superchu Frostbite

Superchu Frostbite
    Expand Collapse

It IS a mod.

11. darrenthebestman

darrenthebestman
    Expand Collapse

oh

12. madtacodude

madtacodude
    Expand Collapse

I am currently working with the Mods of the forum on an update for the map and I was gonna try making the decal roads and I was unable to satisfy my standards xD. I was wondering if you or anyone else had some tips on making decal roads and the terrain much smoother. Thanks for downloading the map and taking the time to discuss what you thought. It helps out a lot!
    --- Post updated ---
    Haha, I knew what you mean by that. Im still working on the map, Im having some issues with the coding side of things at the moment and am working with the forum Mods to maybe get a new version out soon!
    --- Post updated ---
    What game might that be? Maybe I can take a look at it and get some inspiration!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice