Heightmap using USGS Geological Survey?

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by GroundControl, Nov 27, 2017.

1. GroundControl

GroundControl
    Expand Collapse

There are some half tutorials here and there, but does anyone know how to import a part of the survey into Beamng? Using world machines and stuff I'm pretty sure it's still possible, but does anyone know how?

Honestly a video tutorial would be nice. :p

2. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

I've been working the kinks out of a LIDAR workflow. Just click my sig, if you haven't seen it already. I made it to be super versatile and simple to work with once in my 3D editor and BeamEd, where I have spent 99% of the time.

I'm about to release my first race track using these resources. The end results is amazing detail and accuracy compared to my previous modeling schemes using GPS tracks, topo maps, lofting, etc.

The main compromise I've encountered importing raw geo data straight into BeamEd is that it's difficult to add details to the map afterwards, like fences walls and other structures. Unless you just want to make a quick dump of a barren landscape like a dessert, you will want and need to use a go-between.

#2 Ewanc, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice