Unsolved Help i Am making a suzuki Jimny called the ibishu crawler but Jbeam exporter is not working

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by BADSUPRA0708, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Yes, do that everywhere. You don't need to trash your old hood but just do that. It looked a bit high poly too.

2. Blkfxx

Blkfxx
    Expand Collapse

Are you making the model for node locations for the .jbeam or the actual hood flexbody?

3. BADSUPRA0708

BADSUPRA0708
    Expand Collapse

jbeam hood could really use some help i failed about 30 times its my first time and i'm so close to giving up

4. Blkfxx

Blkfxx
    Expand Collapse

Is it a replacement for the hopper hood? Use vertex locations in blender and notepad++ to edit the jbeam, have the game open with a hopper loaded so you can see which node goes where and compare to your vertices in blender

5. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

That’s not 100% true. For things like mirrors, it’s beneficial to have an ngon because it preserves the shading and keeps it flat. You can use ngons but you need to know how and where

6. BADSUPRA0708

BADSUPRA0708
    Expand Collapse

maybe you should just release it i cannot do it any more just release it as a suzuki samurai im deleting the thread i give up

7. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

I was talking jbeam-wise, and still most of the times you don't want ngons, but thanks for telling me that, i didn't knew that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

This thread is about Jbeam exporter, not normal modelling. In the exporter only tris and quads are allowed.

9. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

yeahhhh I notice that now. I wasn’t paying attention

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Problem with that is, that when game imports model it gets triangulated, but it does sometimes weird stuff, so it is better use triangulate option in collada exporter.

As Beam is based on T3D, same applies, until it has been changed very recently:
    https://torque-3d.readthedocs.io/en/latest/artist/overview.html

None of that matter with jbeam exporting of course.

When in need of splitting ngons or quads to triangles in editor for perfect control of jbeam structure, you can select vertices in Blender and press J, which will cut path trough selected vertices in selection order.

Ngon, then select vertices, split edges if needed, then press j to create edge between vertices, super quick and handy for jbeaming:
    upload_2021-6-27_21-8-14.png upload_2021-6-27_21-8-47.png upload_2021-6-27_21-10-17.png

You can also loop cut and slide with ctrl-r but that sometimes is not so much fun.

Also if you are on those new Blender versions with changed keyboard shortcuts, I have no idea if these will work for you, but probably you can find what they are now from the interwebz.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BADSUPRA0708

BADSUPRA0708
    Expand Collapse

So i decided to start again and uh is this suitable for Jbeam?

Attached Files:

• 2021-08-10.png
  12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Obviously not, what even is going on on the sides?? It needs to be lower poly and should have better polyflow overall.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice