(Help) I seem to have found a limit to how many static objects you can have in a map

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by jammin2222, Aug 13, 2014.

1. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

I had to google the Willis tower, I think I know the one you are on about in my map. I think its one of the most basic low poly buildings in the map and I think it was in sketch city too. lol

I'm still a little shocked at my calculation at needing 24000 objects to complete my map in the most lag free way. This combining objects to save on object count is really going to rape the fps. It gives me much less control over the level of detail in view at any one time :/

I think I will stop working on it until I hear back from the devs. I would like to ungroup the stuff I started grouping as the performance has suffered, and even with them grouped I wont have enough objects to finish it. So its kind of hanging in the balance right now.

2. Miura

Miura
    Expand Collapse

Wouldn't the forest system work for most simple meshes? It should have no limit for the number of objects. You could make brushes with no scale or rotation variation, then paint the objects in place and rotate if needed.

I haven't tried making my own forest brushes, so I don't know if there are any issues.

3. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

I think I mentioned trying to add stuff to the forest brush but there is no way to input and exact position as far as I can tell. so lining things up in an exact way would be hard. Also I'm not sure if the trees are special kinds of objects that enable the wind emitters to make them flex in the wind or if the act of being in the forest wiggles the mesh around. I would be hilarious if all the lamp posts and stuff waved in the wind like the trees do lol

Though I think the secret of enabling unlimited object lies in the forest code.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice