WIP HELP with creating this mod

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by SomeRandomGuy, Oct 23, 2022.

1. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    I recently created this car in blender:
    937683-e45397285ab382406d88ac29bbe8a84b.png Concept31RearBrick.png Concept31FrontBrick.png
    and I would like to make it into a BeamNG mod. I have very little experience with JBeams, and mod creation in BeamNG. Mostly what I know is that there are a few blender extensions to turn models into JBeams, and that in order for JBeams to be rigid they must be triangle shaped. It would be a great help if someone could kindly get me started on a tutorial that is not the outdated airport tug one, or even give me a few tips on how to get this into BeamNG. I would be willing to share the file with someone who would help me make this into a mod.
    I understand that mod making is not something one can learn overnight, but I do have a lot of experience both in computer programming and blender, if that helps. I have tried taking this on by myself, but for the life of me I cannot understand how one gets from a model such as this to a working car. I have tried "reverse engineering" the cars that come with the game, but that has also not helped much.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Attached Files:

• Concept31TopSideBrick.png
  2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the modding for dummies discord server has plenty of people who'd be willing to help, you can try there:
    discord.gg/zKnqtpz5

otherwise, take a poke around at the vanilla vehicles for how dense the nodes should be and how the structure of different parts are set up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice