Help with JBeam. How to edit it?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by mehio, Jul 10, 2018.

1. mehio

mehio
    Expand Collapse

Hello
    Im currently working on a mod from scratch and now im at the point of editing an existing jbeam.
    The miramar jbeam files to be more specific. Im currently designing the body of my car and want to use the body.jbeam so i rearranged the nodes and beams in the editor that comes with the game but now i dont know what else should be changed in the jbeam to make it appear in the game.
    Please find attached zip file.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. BeamDrifter

BeamDrifter
    Expand Collapse

I copied the miramar.jbeam file and renamed a few things and now it appears like it should. You can take a look at it and see how it works.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. mehio

mehio
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a lot for the help!
    Unfortunately its not showing up when try to spawn it.
    Which jbeam didyou try to edit? honda.jbeam, chassis.jbeam etc...?

4. BeamDrifter

BeamDrifter
    Expand Collapse

Did you unzip the file and moved the honda FOLDER into your Documents/BeamNG.drive/vehicles folder? You can also just put the honda.zip file into your mods folder, but it is A LOT easier to edit when it's in the vehicles folder.

5. mehio

mehio
    Expand Collapse

Hey i was having a problem with instability right after the car was spawning , so i decided to combine the chassis and the body into one dae and object and now it works. It was probably crashing because of interference between the chassis and the body.
    Now i have a different problem which i post a thread about. Its aligning the suspension in place. they keep going back to there original place .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice