1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Help with tuning an old car

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Citybuild122, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

So, I have a 2012 E63 in the game right now. The car works perfectly fine, but the only problem is that it's from 2014. So, it doesn't have any of the updated engine features, or anything like that. I had a bit newer E class wagon, and was successfully able to fully replace the engine in it with a new one, but this one appears to be too far out of my reach to be able to do. So, what I want to do is figure out how to change the sound of this engine. It uses the old Gavril Grand Marshal engine and setup. I downloaded this mod for a gavril grand marshal v8 sound: https://www.beamng.com/resources/tuned-v8-engine-sound-for-grand-marshal.1979/

So, how can I apply that to my car? Thanks for any help.

2. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

So, as you saw, the mod that I downloaded is for the Grand Marshal. The mod did in fact replace the sound. But how can I make it replace the sound of my E63?

3. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

because of the introduction of the new sound system engine Beam is running off of now, FMOD, you would need to completely reformat the old engine jbeam file. That is also a pretty old mod, so it might not be usable.

4. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

Could I just paste in the new JBeam of the grand marshal? If not, how would I go about reformatting?

5. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

You mostly could, but the flexbodies and meshes would have to be reformatted.
    There are a couple of other things that might need to basically have their names replaced with the ones used in the old E63. By names i mean what might say 'fullsize' (AKA grand marshal) might need to say 'E63' or whatever might go in that spot. I dont know if it actually is 'E63', but it might be.

6. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

If it isn't too much trouble, could you take a look at this: https://pastebin.com/bfvBw2g1 and tell me what is wrong with it?

7. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

Where it says fullsize, fullsize_exhaust, or things of that nature replace it with what is in those exact spots in the E63's jbeam
    basically, where ever it says fullsize, or even mentions fullsize, replace it with what would go their in the E63's jbeam. I hope that makes sense.
    Its a kinda hard topic to explain.

8. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

Well, the car actually uses the fullsize setup for everything. So, there's not a need to do so. I have successfully engine swapped, but there is one problem. The car won't spawn in game and my camera is just floating in the air. The problem is that I believe that I made an error with compiling all of the JBeams into one engine file. I put all of the fullsize Jbeams into the one engine file: Exhaust, Transmission, Engine, etc and I believe I messed up the brackets on it. Do you happen to see any problems here: https://pastebin.com/FK3JWtVp

9. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

This doesn’t happen to be a bootleg russian mod, does it? If so, it probably never worked well in the first place.

10. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

It's from WorldOfMods, so yes. It appears to work fine. I just know that I messed the JBeam up. Were you able to take a look at the pastebin that I sent of the JBeam?

11. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

No im not great with Jbeam
    --- Post updated ---
    but from what ive read look for typographical errors

12. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

Okay, we're getting somewhere. I went ahead and redid everything, and all of the parts are in the car and working. So, it successfully transferred. The only problem is that the engine is disabled. What could I be missing on the transfer? It's full on gas.

13. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

Thats really weird... I have never had that happen

14. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

Well I fixed the disabled part. The engine is running. But the problem is, the dashboard is blank. There's no RPMs, cant turn it off, nothing. I can rev it up, but I can't switch gears either.

Attached Files:

• Capture.png
  15. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

sounds like something's wrong with the transimssion Jbeam.

16. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

That's what I was thinking. I really don't know though. The transmission is in the car, as I checked the parts. Do you think it may be because I need the fullsize_body.jbeam?

17. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

maybe... if its done right, I dont think you do.

18. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Seems like I have all of the necessary parts:
    fullsize_brakes.jbeam
    fullsize_engine.jbeam
    fullsize_fueltank.jbeam
    fullsize_exhaust.jbeam
    fullsize_radiator.jbeam
    fullsize_transmission.jbeam

Don't really know what it could be.
    --- Post updated ---
    I did an experiment with another car. When I took out the transmission, I was still able to see RPM's and everything. In my case, I don't think it's the transmission, I think it's something weird with the engine. It's acting like its not there for some reason. I added the engine debug app, and it was 0 RPMs, 0 everything, but I could still rev the engine up. I also confirmed that it's not a problem with the fuel tank. I took it out, and the engine quit. Very strange.

19. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

It looks just to b a badly formatted or just severely outdated jbeam. I think.

20. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

It can't be that because those are the ones that I directly copied from the Grand Marshal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice