WIP Beta released Hirochi Start 3.2

The cheapest Hirochi in the world is here!

1. Marcus_gt500

Marcus_gt500
    Expand Collapse

Yes, i've meant that. Nice ones you've done. Closing or reducing the side intakes, and removing the fog lights space for a full 3 bar would look even cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! :)

I did the first option, I don't want to modify the original bumper much, since it would mean making a new one for a cheap car...not cheap at all.

1.6 (wow, versions are moving fast) will be finished today, with new lights (front and rear, the rear ones are just a new texture, but it will make the part), new bumper (closed intakes) and some fixes.
    --- Post updated ---
    Done!

screenshot_00142.png screenshot_00143.png screenshot_00144.png

• Like Like x 3
  3. KOS

KOS
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Haha, nice job! I have made halogen lights too. Just bit different and yet unreleased :D

4. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Suggested this before, but probably went unnoticed.

How about some 4 lugs spindles and ultracheap 13 inchers now? ;)

5. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Oh true, I forgot about this...it would be indeed a perfect solution, I'll see it I can do it, in the meantime, I painted the brake calipers gray, they were red. Wrong. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Günther

Günther
    Expand Collapse

Rejoining the conversation, in my opinion 13 inch wheels would be unpractical for car with this size, being a larger compact car.
    4-lugged wheel would be enough I think.. :rolleyes:
    Currently having 195/65R15 tyres would mean converting online with calculator a 195/80R13 tyre which really off-road vehicles use.
    I don't know if it could be done, but realistically I could imagine it on a downscaled variant (hatchback perhaps), which is sized more like a supermini (covet), but not a compact car.

7. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Well...that's true. I went carried away and forgot this is a compact car ;)

Anyway, I think we're reaching a point in which the car is becoming really hard to make cheaper, it's all about little details now, or more work on technical things, the engines are there, the brakes, transmission, etc...maybe they could be even more optimised though.

Other solutions would imply lots of work like...a new steering wheel for example, not worth it I think. Also, it adds realism, they would want to reuse (as cheaply as possible of course) as many mass-produced parts as possible.

BTW, 1.6 is waiting now :)

8. Günther

Günther
    Expand Collapse

As I final touch, could the gear level be changed to a 5-speed pattern like deleting the side reverse label and putting it in 6-th gear's place, and those four buttons on the picture in front of the central-locking button be deleted as I think is the electric windows button, or some sort plastic cover and on the passenger side as well? Only if it isn't any too much work of course.

As for even cheaper making I don't know how could it be done, but emitting the multi-link suspension on the rear and replacing it with a twist-beam type, as most cheaper compact cars have.
    But I think it would be too much of a work.

Attached Files:

• interior.jpg
    #88 Günther, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Marcus_gt500

Marcus_gt500
    Expand Collapse

Nicely done. Look out for the brazilian Chevrolet Corsa Classic, it's one of the cheapest sedans around here. It uses 4 lugs 13 inches wheels too.

10. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the gear level idea! Completely forgot the 6th gear was still there.

As for the buttons, I left the ones on the driver's door, I've seen it many times, the "buttons" are there, but they are simply plastic covers doing nothing. What I did instead is deleting the whole cluster from the passenger door, that was really bugging me off:

BeamNG 2016-09-07 01-21-49-49.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

JorgePinto updated Hirochi Start with a new update entry:

Hirochi Start 1.6

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  12. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

13. Superbird11

Superbird11
    Expand Collapse

The low beam in the left headlight is now orange...

14. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Hmm...I don't get it. Well, I do but I don' have that problem here, everything is fine to me (lights off, low beams, high beams, indicators...) can you provide a picture please?

Also just one headlight? That's really weird.:(

15. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

To be honest, I would remove the cupholders from the center console. Gotta get cheaper than that.

16. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Yes indeed that area needs more work, things like that and also removing the armrests, way too luxurious ;)

Next on the list for sure :)

17. Superbird11

Superbird11
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00038.png
  18. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Well...definitely something really weird is going on here. :(

It only happens to me in 3rd party maps, not the official ones. Also, sometimes it's the high beams, sometimes, with the lights off. And just that headlight. In a part I never touched at all... o_O

Will try to see what's going on...
    --- Post updated ---
    Well...definitely something really weird is going on here. :(

It only happens to me in 3rd party maps, not the official ones. Also, sometimes it's the high beams, sometimes, with the lights off. And just that headlight. In a part I never touched at all... o_O

Will try to see what's going on...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Superbird11

Superbird11
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, thats a good description of whats happening, but i've also had it in gridmap so...

20. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Good news. Thanks to @synsol 's help I'll provide a bug fix to the headlight problem today :)

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice