WIP Beta released Hirochi Sunstorm 3.0

Hirochi's solution to the Scintilla swarms

1. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

Hirochi Sunstorm

About/Lore: Hirochi wants a car that can compete well against the Civetta Scintilla, so there is the Sunstorm (naming got some mild inspiration from the Sunburst, mild inspiration from my very old Automation mod too with the same namesake particularly the V10). It is essentially a SBR4 that has its chassis heavily modified (and the rear interior removed) from a rear-engined car to a mid-engine car while retaining most of its suspension and anything outside the engine bay.

For the overall body, I will use KLJP SBR body (approved by the authors)

Chassis to-do model:
    chassisplan.png

Red: Delete the models
    Yellow: Modify and move, the top yellow circle will be moved much further to the front, almost touching the back of the front seats. The bottom yellow circle will be cut out and them modified and scaled to fit the V10 or V8 better.

[EDIT] Feb 28th
    Screenshot_20230228_023801.png

V10 Engine model (WIP):
    v10addplus.png

V8 Engine model (GM LT2-based) (WIP):
    sunstormv8concept.png
    (Will use Scintilla Gavril V8 with some modifications!)

Will reuse the V8 model from Civetta Bolide LS7

More progress will be added!

If anyone can provide JBeam editing help, I would welcome it since this mod will be my first mod that has a huge JBeam overhaul on the engine and drivetrain! (see more from About/Lore on top)

The Sunstorm will feature (1.0):
    - 5.2L V10 Engine (Based on the Audi R8 5.2L V10), NA or TT (Supercharger is planned after initial release)
    - 6.2L V8 Engine (Based on the GM LT2), NA, SC or TT (Twincharger is planned after initial release)
    - Adjusted Body for mid engine
    - Adjusted Rollcage
    - *Widened Hirochi Wheels and tires (KLJP-based wheels are included in plans)
    - RWD and AWD mid-engine drivetrain system
    - Enlarged Fuel tank to 70 L
    Edit for *: - 19x9 front 19x12 rear Hirochi Sunsport wheels (with Super Sport and race tires) (245/35R19 front 325/30R19 rear)
    - 19x10 front 19x14 rear Hirochi Sunsport RS, TR89, SBRS2 and KLJP SBR wheels (with Super Sport and race tires) (275/35R19 front 355/25R19 rear)

Planned for 2.0:
    - Twinchargers for both LT2 and V10, supercharger for V10
    - Hybrid config and another complimentary V8 engine with the hybrid
    - Skins???

Link to repo:
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/hirochi-sunstorm.27684/

#1 Angry_Bird, Feb 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 9
  2. haraja

haraja
    Expand Collapse

I like the idea of it!

Will there be some differences in design to the SBR4?

3. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

Not too much, aside the fact that the Sunstorm has its own body slot (won't be separate vehicle) and it is more of straight-line speed oriented with the fact that the base trim has 550 hp and 200 MPH of top speed. SBR4 base trim has only 200 hp and more of handling focused.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

#4 Angry_Bird, Feb 17, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  5. haraja

haraja
    Expand Collapse

Honestly I think you should add entirely new turbos, since the Sunstorm would be marketed as more high-performance a car company would likely try to put some better turbos in. but just my thoughts

• Like Like x 2
  6. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

I probably had the same idea as well tbh. Gonna need to take some time as I learn more limits of JBeam. Do you have any good node beam editor to recommend me (must have undo feature) aside from the old Node beam editor?

Besides aside from the chassis I am developing an OHV V8 as well.

7. haraja

haraja
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG does have a built-in node beam editor, I don't use any node beam editor so not sure how well it works but I played around with it for a bit and it was alright.

You need to go to world editor, and when you have the Sunstorm spawned in, go to Window > Experimental > Vehicle Editor. To exit, just click file and you can exit the editor.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Leo Zieger

Leo Zieger
    Expand Collapse

Sure you don´t want to go with the B6 'Empyrean' as present in the KLJP mod (given you get permission)? Even naturally aspirated it has 500+hp and a flat engine would be more authentic in a Hirochi.

9. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

I am using the KLJP SBR4 though as exterior basis and yes he gave permission. Tbh the SBR4 looks like an Audi R8 so much especially the rear. Even the engine is based on the R8.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Leo Zieger

Leo Zieger
    Expand Collapse

How do you mean that? The vanilla SBR4 uses only flat-4 engines, so I see little to none similarities to the Audi R8 V-8 and V-10.

11. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

That's because the Sunstorm's design principle IS literally different from the SBR4. The rear just looks like R8 a lot and overall body too. Even though they use the same vehicle slot their unibody slots will be different.

I will also bear Scintilla's engine choices in mind when making the Sunstorm.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

After a short hiatus in this project while doing engine models for 370Z hotfix, the V8 is getting some progress!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

As I am looking into the BeamNG parts bin I am leaning towards using Scintilla's engine and drivetrain base jbeam and modify them, may need some JBeam help.

14. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

Screenshot2023-02-24120320.png

(Red circle) Modifying the interior chassis rn

15. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

Some progress... once unibody is figured out then subframe and others will be modified as the engine is installed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

Screenshot2023-03-04161747.png

Modifying the body rn

• Like Like x 1
  17. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  18. racercinemaproductions

racercinemaproductions
    Expand Collapse

Actually looks great and it reminds me a bit of the Lexus LFA. Great work so far. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

I would first understand the bits of the Scintilla and then modify the model, and then apply the similar manner as LJ did with modelling the Jbeam, still a long way to go but I will do everything to make sure the mod will be polished enough to release.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

Ayo thx mang, it's more of an Audi R8 than the LFA mainly due to the hood size is really too small and also the suspension had to be redone if I am going for the LFA route (which I sucked at).

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice