Outdated Honda Prelude SN - PATCH 1.1 RELEASED for 0.4.x

Discussion in 'Land' started by AdR, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Re: Honda Prelude SN - ver. 1.0

But it works fine for me in most cases...

2. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Thanks! that improved a bit yeah, you seem to have found one of the reasons the front suspension is not right, so that'll help to figure out how to make it better.

Be my guest! if you fix something feel free to share it with everybody.

Thanks bro, as I've said it before, that's exactly how I sit in my Prelude, so I've tried to replicate that into the game.
    I didn't make this car for everyone, I've made this car for MYSELF, and I'm sharing it with the community, so it's not meant to please everybody. Love it or hate it, either way it's fine by me.

I'll be taking a break as far as new content goes, but I'll keep improving this one to make it better and why not, add more parts to it.

Now that you mention it, I don't feel let down by the comments at all, I share part of that frustration myself. I would've loved to release a perfect vehicle so everyone can enjoy it without dealing with crappy bugs, but it was this or having to keep private beta testing for months or who knows how long. I only started messing with jbeams this year, so this is the best I could do so far with no tools other than notepad++ and no useful documentation at all.

There's still a lot to learn, so I'll keep improving this car while I'm at it, and from the help of the community as well.

3. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

I can tell you really worked hard on this, cbrider. You did an outstanding job for someone with little experience, and I don't care about how much the steering wheel turns or how the seating position is or the little bugs and glitches. I just want to say thank you for releasing this so everyone can enjoy it. :D
    Having fun with it on Matrix Freeway:

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00001.png
  4. LachlanRGaming

LachlanRGaming
    Expand Collapse

Very nice car indeed but I have one small problem, I load it in and everything is fine but when I go to crash it, my game crashes. So now I have to drive a car (in a game that is designed to have it's content destroyed) very carefully. :p

5. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

The slight pulling to the right kind of gives me a challenge, I managed 140mph with the B18C swap and small nudges with the left arrow key, kinda stimulated the effect of wind blowing against the car while at speed. Even the stock motor feels more faster than the Covet, well, until it finally catches up and slams into the back of me :p

6. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

Any fix for this..?
    J5IKKfC.jpg

7. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Im guessing the materials file that you can download in the first post

8. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

My test showed the Prelude pulling away off the line but around 70mph the covet has more power it will pull by but at 90 ish the Prelude pills back.

9. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

Awesome mod. The jbeam is very good too. Am a fan of the camera . Makes me feel like am driving it in real life. But the steering wheel takes getting use to. 9.5-10 :)

10. ShinRocks

ShinRocks
    Expand Collapse

Heck yeah! My night just got way better, completely forgot so its like second xmas lol

11. DavidTheTechGeek

DavidTheTechGeek
    Expand Collapse

You can adjust this in the JBeam is you want. The steering I mean. I have a tutorial in http://www.beamng.com/forums/29-Content-Creation which you can find here.

12. Kona61

Kona61
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely love, it the QOD is AMAZING! Great job bro.

13. EuroTrash_84

EuroTrash_84
    Expand Collapse

Edit: Fixed texture issues. It was the last thing I tried.

Amazing car Mr. AdR. I've been enamored with your vehicle creation skills since the Carmageddon 2 days. I hope you can grace us with more of your amazing work in the future.

#73 EuroTrash_84, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  14. Joe voss

Joe voss
    Expand Collapse

the image says it all. But the car is good and i agreed w/ the suspension it does need work

Attached Files:

• 2015-04-10_00002.jpg
  15. ShinRocks

ShinRocks
    Expand Collapse

I think im in LOVE!

But seriously i am impressed. The details on the body are good but that interior, man that just floored me.
    It is properly beautiful, really shows of the love and attention put into the project.

First car was a 2nd gen 2.0 SI, guess is should get to work on it :D

16. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

That only happens when you choose the lowered suspension with the stock struts. They're not compatible, as the lowered suspension is in a experimental stage, it's actually the same from the covet with some modifications.

I have no idea what causes the missing textures as nobody from the beta group had that problem at all. I figure it has to do with the installation path, it's been discussed earlier on the thread.

I've had a strange issue with the engine power. Using the exact values for the curves (trans and differential too), I could get the acceleration right to real specs, but for some reason it was hard to go over 120 km/h, and that's not the case with my real car at all. I can easily floor it and watch the speedo go all the way without too much effort, it's real top speed should be around 150-160 and it doesn't takes that long to get there. I've tuned it up a bit but still it doesn't pulls that stronger on top gears.

That's strange, I know the jbeams have certain instability (same bug as the sunburst when crashing closely to the front suspension strut, that's not my fault), but that's it. There's a strange lag when crashing from the front too, but I couldn't figure out exactly where that comes from.

And thanks for the rest of the comments! glad to see people enjoy driving and crashing the Lude :cool:

17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Drag. Seems very hard to replicate realistic air and rolling resistance in this game. Might just be hitting a wall of jello at that speed.

Can't say I experienced any worse than the stock vehicles for the prelude.

18. Jacob Hoppe

Jacob Hoppe
    Expand Collapse

I went a little overboard there, but why is everyone saying that i have a outdated vecihle list? i got the d15, the covet, the sunburst, the pigeon, all up-to-date.

19. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If you lock up the folder to read-only, Steam won't be able to update it if any cars gets eventually updated or what :\
    edit- Actually no, since all official vehicles are in BeamNG/Content

20. Daunlouded

Daunlouded
    Expand Collapse

Seems like everything between firewall and back seats are nearly indestructible at direct head-on crash. It takes 130+ km/h speeds to even bend the roof... pretty strong for a ricer.

Modeling of the car overall is well done though but the license plate.. just make it removable.

So realism 7/10 but modeling at least 9.6/10.

Also I didn't have any missing textures and I installed it into Documents-folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice