Outdated Honda Prelude SN - PATCH 1.1 RELEASED for 0.4.x

Discussion in 'Land' started by AdR, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Re: Honda Prelude SN - ver. 1.0

Nadeox told me what's wrong with the textures. Using the zip file into the mods folder, there's a problem on the materials.cs with the upper and lower caps names, they don't match the filenames so I have to fix that.

As for the deformation, yeah, it's a bit tougher than it should be, but it isn't a weak car either:

I'll make the license plate removable, that's a last minute detail I've forgot to include.

#81 AdR, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. nvidiategra45

nvidiategra45
    Expand Collapse

Very good mod and beautiful interior!

#82 nvidiategra45, Apr 10, 2015
  3. shiron2015

shiron2015
    Expand Collapse

Awesome job dude! I will be sure to download it and test it out when I have time :)

4. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

Hi cbrider. here is the modified suspension prelude, with new swaybar F/R and modified steering to figure out which cause to the car pull right.... but i'm sure the steering bad... you must to recreate the steering..
    this was just a a lite quick midifications .. i don't have time to work much on this, but hope this give you some good idea.
    I worked only the stock version (street):p
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/5h3wn015he2ph1p/preludeSN.zip

5. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Thanks cbrider, its an absolutely awesome mod! Havent tried the modded version above my post but the 1.0 is great :D
    Sure it could be better here and there to be the most realistic mod ever ever but what the hell, its up there and by far the best release for Beamng in months! Some ppl dont seem to be able to read but youre still working on it, hell if someone knows its little flaws it oughta be you :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Tried that modded version just now; definitely less prone to tip over and abit softer suspension but it has a tendency to keep moving up and down a while after a bump, sort of if it had bad struts and only the springs are moving, also the rear left suspension seemed to brake more easily now. Its noticeble that the sway bars are modded since the front wheels flicker quite alot when turning but at the same time its not as easy to do a 180 just by turning as before.

6. kaj150

kaj150
    Expand Collapse

great looking mod, congrats and im waiting for your future works :D

7. iam2cool4u

iam2cool4u
    Expand Collapse

The russians have stolen this already
    Obviously, 'stealing' is not in their language.

8. Cygator

Cygator
    Expand Collapse

great mod! i really like it but most of the textures are missing.

9. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

So what's the big deal? they even made a video for it:

Read this thread carefully. Not going to answer another "missing textures" question.

Thanks! nice vid :cool:

As far as improvements, I've been getting some jbeam adjustments wich I haven't had the chance to fully test them out but I'll get back on that later.

#89 AdR, Apr 11, 2015
  10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Open the PreludeSN zip and you will find a folder named 'vehicles' inside. Move that folder inside "Documents/BeamNG.Drive/Mods".
    Done.

11. Skystunt123

Skystunt123
    Expand Collapse

God damnit, even the russians with a cracked copy of the game have the textures working, this is not fair q.q

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

That is because they have reading comprehension.

13. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

This car is a very good mod and looks great in 1980 honmda accord light brown [y-39]

Attached Files:

• 2015-04-10_00005.jpg
    • 2015-04-10_00006.jpg
  14. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I designed the suspension to have a tight feeling to it. The stock suspension does have a smooth ride quality but you can tell it's stiff. CBR told me his stock Prelude had a stiff ride quality so I didn't want to make it rubbery feeling. The rear suspension does explode and so does the front under extreme stress. I did that purposely. Was better to have it do that rather dragging a wheel. That was a last second adjustment. When I get some free time and my graphics card replaced I'll work on it and make it smoother. Personally I thought the stock suspension handled pretty good compared to the actual car.

15. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

Alright, Im sorry JDM but the suspension needs a complete rebuild. Im not sure if its the caster, shitty control arm placement, flexy chassis, but the suspension completely loses its shit and collapses under power, which youve sort of bandaided with the sway bar, but its by no means release quality. You need to trace down whats changing the toe by about 30deg and get that fixed before you even start looking at ride quality and handling.

If i could get some documentation on your suspension design i may be able to see what needs to change. Feel free to PM me rather than junking up the thread.

16. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

The design is most likely copy and paste from other cars the CBR put together. I just tuned every number available for me tune. Let me get my pc going again and I'll try to reconstruct the suspension

17. Skystunt123

Skystunt123
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't say anywhere on this forum how to fix this problem, i've tried using the materials.cs provided, and installing the mod into content/vehicles, yet still no luck.

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

19. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

It says numerous times in this thread, it says in the first post, it was referred in the post before yours.

Reading comprehension.

You've just outed the fact that you have installed the mod incorrectly.

20. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

7365622036_9892654414_o.jpg 8384721210_642016523d_o.jpg 7455429150_5fb2dde533_c.jpg 7348682840_dac8a59462_c.jpg

You don't need any more documentation than that. That's how the real setup is, and it's modeled accurately. Nodes and beams are placed according to that scheme, or at least the closest we could get to make it work. The problem is to make the suspension work like it should, not the design itself. I've borrowed the slidenodes suspension from the sunburst since it was the closest to my setup, but turns out that's the worst car I could've chosen. It has some bugs not even the devs could figure out yet. I believe the slidenode is they main problem here. I might be wrong, but I've tried many different approaches to fix this but didn't get anywhere.

#100 AdR, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice