1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Horrible Performance

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by axelera, May 22, 2024.

1. axelera

axelera
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone. I have got an issue relating to performance. I tried both DX11 And Vulkan but both proved to be disappointing. My specs are: Ryzen 7 7735HS, RX7600S (8GB GDDR6), 16GB DDR5. Both tests were on Italy on High settings.

-axelera

2. Ryhan.N

Ryhan.N
    Expand Collapse

Some Questions:
    1) What was your fps? (what exactly is horrible)
    2) Is this a recent issue or an issue since Day 1?
    3) Italy on high setting preset, at what resolution?

If it is indeed horrible, I assume less than 30fps at high settings preset Italy at 1080p, then you could try doing the following:
    1) Disable all mods.
    2) Make sure BeamNG is running using your dedicated GPU (Radeon RX7600S) and not the integrated GPU (Radeon 680M). To check, go to Windows Settings > Display > Graphics > Select BeamNG if already there, else browse for the 'BeamNG.drive.exe' file in your installation location and select it, then set it to high performance. (Assuming ur running windows 11)
    3) Your AMD Drivers and BeamNG are up to date.

3. axelera

axelera
    Expand Collapse

25fps, sometimes it happens but it may be due to the temperature of the cpu/gpu and 1080p

4. Ryhan.N

Ryhan.N
    Expand Collapse

Did you make sure you are using the dedicated gpu to run BeamNG? 25fps at 1080p high settings sounds more like igpu performance. If thats not the case, then load up grid map and tell me ur fps.

5. axelera

axelera
    Expand Collapse

sometimes I feel like it is on the igpu, but a quick reboot later it jumps back to the usual 40-60fps

6. Ryhan.N

Ryhan.N
    Expand Collapse

Did you change the preferred gpu in settings, like how i mentioned above?

7. Werft hin

Werft hin
    Expand Collapse

i got bad performance too.
    my LAPTOP spec i9 11900h, rtx 3060 mobile and 32 gb ram runs west coast usa at only 50-60 fps and i only bought the laptop for like 8 months and when i first bought it the fps on west coast use is 80-90 fps. wonder why.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice