How can I modify this .jbeam suspension file to raise the height?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by passengerpigeon, Jun 26, 2019.

1. passengerpigeon

passengerpigeon
    Expand Collapse

I am currently creating an addon for the Ibishu Kashira, and want to add a variant of off-road suspension that is even higher than the lifted suspension included in the mod. Below is the J-Beam code for the current lifted suspension:
    Code:
    "reziavan_strut_F_high": {
        "information":{
            "authors":"BeamNG",
            "name":"Lifted Front Struts",
            "value":150,
        },
        "slotType" : "reziavan_strut_F",

"flexbodies": [
            ["mesh", "[group]:", "nonFlexMaterials"],
            ["reziavan_strut_F", ["reziavan_shockbottom_F","reziavan_shocktop_F"]],
        ],
        "beams": [
              ["id1:", "id2:"],
              //front springs with soft initial bump stop
              {"beamPrecompression":1.83, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":0.52},
              {"beamDeform":133750,"beamStrength":171250},
              {"beamSpring":29000,"beamDamp":0},//29000
              {"beamLimitSpring":201000,"beamLimitDamp":5000},
              ["fh4r","fs1r",{"soundFile":"event:>Vehicle>Suspension>car_modn_med_01>spring_compress_01","volumeFactor":6,"decayMode":0,"decayFactor":3,"pitchFactor":1,"maxStress":10000}],
              ["fh4l","fs1l",{"soundFile":"event:>Vehicle>Suspension>car_modn_med_01>spring_compress_01","volumeFactor":0.8,"decayMode":1,"decayFactor":5,"pitchFactor":4,"maxStress":2800}],
              //shocks
              {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":1.0},
              {"beamSpring":0,"beamDamp":2800},
              {"beamLimitSpring":0,"beamLimitDamp":0},
              ["fh1r","fs1r"{"beamDampFast":1400,"beamDampRebound":4200,"beamDampReboundFast":2100,"beamDampVelocitySplit":0.1}],
              ["fh1l","fs1l"{"beamDampFast":1400,"beamDampRebound":4200,"beamDampReboundFast":2100,"beamDampVelocitySplit":0.1}],
              //shock and suspension friction
              {"beamSpring":0,"beamDamp":500000},
              ["fh1r","fs1r",{"beamDampFast":0,"beamDampRebound":500000,"beamDampReboundFast":0,"beamDampVelocitySplit":0.0001}],
              ["fh1l","fs1l",{"beamDampFast":0,"beamDampRebound":500000,"beamDampReboundFast":0,"beamDampVelocitySplit":0.0001}],
              //harder bump stop
              {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":0.10},
              {"beamSpring":0,"beamDamp":0},
              {"beamLimitSpring":4001000,"beamLimitDamp":10000},
              ["fh1r","fs1r"{"beamLimitDampRebound":0}],
              ["fh1l","fs1l"{"beamLimitDampRebound":0}],
              {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":1.0},
         ],
    },
    What part(s) do I modify if I want to raise the height of this suspension whilst keeping the other properties as unchanged as possible?

2. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

Heyya!

If I remember correctly, simply increasing the beamPrecompression on the front springs (first section) should lift the suspension, while keeping other properties the same. I’ll warn you though, the Kashira uses a mostly street-based independent suspension setup, so you’re going to quickly reach a height limit, and the suspension will lose a lot of its strength. You’ll probably want to lift the suspension in small increments and test how it drives in-between adjustments to make sure you don’t cross that theshold where the suspension actually starts breaking due to over-exertion.

Hopefully that helps. Let me know if you need any more help! (^^)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice