How did you discover BeamNG

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by BaronRedStorm, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

I had RoR since 2011, and then I found out about Beam by Gabe's thread about him giving up. So I then followed suit, and made a thread about me quitting. I then made a Beam account and then everything after that was happycry.

2. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

A mate of mine showed me a video.. Funny how things work out.. o_O

3. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

It is the cubed nerd that binded us...

4. jcmunday

jcmunday
    Expand Collapse

I discovered BeamNG by searching for a program similar to RoR.

5. 3r1cFPS

3r1cFPS
    Expand Collapse

Saw the video on YouTube and followed the forums from that day!

Day 1 buy :3

6. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

I saw it on the BeamNG Youtube channel after looking for ROR videos.

7. rt389g@hotmail.c

rt389g@hotmail.c
    Expand Collapse

Been playing driving games for some time. I had flatout which I did not like too much. I picked up Flatout 2 for PC ($3) which has mods and it worked really well with my cheap wheel. I then bought NCG. Which I like as well. I think I was looking at you tube, doing searches for NCG when I came across Beamng. I really like that fact people were already given the ability to mod. That hooked me, and I bought it. For someone to learn what gaming (Learning the basics in creating mods, working with blender and other tools) is all about it Beamng is gold. I am sure once racing is available this game will explode on the market.

8. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

I came from kurtjmac... Sad he hasn't posted a beamng vid in a while... Probably would have found it sooner or later tho.

9. CommonCat

CommonCat
    Expand Collapse

My favourite youtuber played it.

10. CommonCat

CommonCat
    Expand Collapse

I donĀ“t belive you are Gordon Freeman:D.

11. D-Troxx

D-Troxx
    Expand Collapse

I found it on youtube.

12. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

I believe I discovered BeamNG when WhyBeAre once was in my list of suggested channels on YouTube.

13. King Honda

King Honda
    Expand Collapse

I found it from watching YBR videos.

14. Erik.s

Erik.s
    Expand Collapse

I was searching for a car/ car crash simulator.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

I found about BNG, as soon as the RoR development team announced a "new" game was coming back in 2012. I then saw pictures/videos of BNG and I was like "OMG I can't wait for it to release".

I previously had a accout on here back in 2012 but it got deleted for inactivity.

Rejoined in 2013 had a little flame war with Mythbuster and the forum (it was totally my fault, I made a engine j beam edit for his cadillac, and totally FORGOT to CREDIT him for his base creation and also called it "my" cadillac jbeam. I apologized and it was allowed to stay up, (my engine torque curve was also complete trash, torque started at the very beginning of the rpm. I don't even know why I uploaded it come to think of it, I guess it was for "fun" lol.)

(Mythbuster if you are reading this I am still sorry 2 years later.)

Anyone remember this? I was also going by the screen name of "BeamNG", after that was over Tdev changed my screen name to "Josh".

As that username was totally inappropriate.

After that I visited the forum off and on downloading mods here and there getting with "the times".

The prerace update came out, I posted here and there features/content were added along the way, and now we're are are almost to 2016, wow where have the times gone?

I can't wait to see what the devs have in store for 2016.

(What a blast from the past.)

Happy new year everyone.

16. eeEtilt

eeEtilt
    Expand Collapse

WhyBeAre.
    I've played the game for about 1 and 1/4 years, I just didn't create a forum account for ages.

17. Revocide

Revocide
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys, the developments of BeamNG has been insane. From already awesome crash physics, to true air filled tyre physics and now bursting tyres and fire after a crash. Not to forget the engine torque mappping seems to have improved out of sight. Turbo boost blow off sounds, more car sounds.

I found BeamNG Drive via the internet searchy thingy. Was looking for "car crash simulator" because driving simulator yielded way too many Forza and Gran Turismo results.

Thank you internets for showing me the way to BeamNG, I salute you

18. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

It was back in 2008 ish that i found out about ror, i was looking up games that had cool destruction physics, ive been obsessed with destruction since i was born
    (no joke, i was destroying a lot of my small cars and making a junkyards for fun)
    And when i found out about ror, i was following the development daily. i loved ror even with all the flaws it had.
    And then Beamng came, saw the video and immediately flipped tf out. Followed it every day impatiently and i bough it about an hour after its release.
    I have to say that beamng deserves every penny i gave. and sometimes i just want to give even more. I love this game to bits. Its the first game that got me into modding as well.
    Lets say that, if you could marry a software, beamng would be my choice.

19. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

I saw this video before it was a week old. Then bought the game after I got rid of my old PC.

20. mmiller62

mmiller62
    Expand Collapse

I saw a video someone had shared on carthrottle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice