Solved How do I create textures for my custom wheels?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by glendwelch1, Nov 18, 2017.

1. glendwelch1

glendwelch1
    Expand Collapse

I have recently been working on a mod and have created custom wheels but have no clue how to properly uv map them with a texture in Blender, can someone please help and give me some sort of tutorial?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Check this:

3. glendwelch1

glendwelch1
    Expand Collapse

"UPDATE"
    Never mind I restarted Blender and now it works

Thanks the video was pretty helpful, although I've run into an issue, no matter how I've applied my texture to the uv and changed to object view with texture mode enabled it does not actually show the texture on my model. I dont understand why other 3D programs are nice and simple to figure out but Blender always gives me crap :/

#3 glendwelch1, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  4. glendwelch1

glendwelch1
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I have my UV mapping which I exported to create my new textures for testing purposes and everything done, only problem when I load the textures in game they don't show, why is this? Does the 3D model need exported with the texture or am I missing something obvious? I am also using a pre-existing .JBEAM from another stock game wheel, I do not know how to do a custom .JBEAM myself. I've tried exporting one with blender but from there I do not know what to do with it as the structure is different

text2.png

This is my sample texture
    text.png

game.jpg

#4 glendwelch1, Nov 19, 2017
  5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

You need a materials.cs file in order to get the materials to show up properly on the model. It looks like you already have one, you just need to put the texture in the folder with your custom wheel stuff and adjust the materials file to use the custom texture. Look at the official files to see how its set up.

6. glendwelch1

glendwelch1
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I have been able to finally get a texture to load onto my 3d model but it does not line up with how it looked in blender what do I do in blender to make the texture align properly in Beamng?

#6 glendwelch1, Nov 19, 2017
  7. glendwelch1

glendwelch1
    Expand Collapse

Ok I have figured out and solved the issue :D, Turns out the textures have to be baked or else they do not work properly. I really appreciate you guys help on this topic

I made a test texture to try my theory and it worked!
    upload_2017-11-19_19-34-43.png

upload_2017-11-19_19-35-4.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice