1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How do I make a car mod for Drive?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by cameront20, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Shumayal

Shumayal
    Expand Collapse

I am sorry if this is reviving this thread for the third time now but I have been patiently following this for a few months now. This is the only thread that pulls up promptly on the search engine and does not offer much.

I could find this YouTube Tutorial which gives a good outline but even I would love to see something more comprehensive. Maybe, I will try to record the Wiki Vehicle Creation if it goes good.

2. BRENDZ-TILLZ

BRENDZ-TILLZ
    Expand Collapse

ok so you will need to conver the scetch up files to blender files
    you wil need winrar or any zip extractor i recomend peazip
    you can mostly convert mesh materials and textures(pictures)
    when the 3d modle is ready go to file, export 3d modle
    in the window for expord 3d modle select export type pick ether .dae or .kmz they need to be prossed before use
    to do this find the file and change the .dae or .kmz to .zip
    eg diesonne.kmz to dersonne.zip press enter to accept
    extract it contents
    ther should be 3 files types kml dae and jpg
    dae goes strait to be imported into blender
    to do this go to file, import units, then default dae
    it will be untextured so dont panic
    ther proberly be a youtube video on it if my tutorial is rubbish
    thank you for reading but id rather use blender its easy to use

3. mehio

mehio
    Expand Collapse

So whats the next step after blender?

4. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

https://wiki.beamng.com/Vehicle_Creation_Megapage
    Read this :)
    I would also suggest two things:
    Try to avoid bumping dead threads and do more research(search function ;)
    Try to start with smaller stuff first, making a vehicle is a lot of work.

5. Waw

Waw
    Expand Collapse

um so do you just make a shell of a car in blender and put it in the game somehow? how do you make it drive? how do you decide the material etc

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Did you read posts above your post and did you open links offered in them? Answers are in those already.

I recommend to make first objects for the map, after that make a prop, that is simple node beam structure which you bind mesh to, after that start looking how to make a car, because jumping straight into car making is way too steep step to take.

Be dedicated for months of learning and don't rely others to force feed you (with some things you might get lucky, but mostly people don't have time to explain things over and over again), most important skill is to dig up information, if you look to top of this page you can see WIKI which you need to examine a lot.

Modding is self taught skill, so it is kinda lonely work, mostly doing research and trying to figure out how things work. Unlike many other things where you can find perfectly good manual which you just need to follow, making a car requires quite bit of self learning.

Learning programming is even worse in this regard, but modding is quite terrible too, honestly, it would be much nicer if there would be perfect guide to making mods, but there is not going to be one, I'm afraid.

If you insists of starting modding by making a vehicle, read and understand all of this page:
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Introduction_to_Vehicle_Creation

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Waw

Waw
    Expand Collapse

thanks

8. agenthawk

agenthawk
    Expand Collapse

Would Vectary work for making a car, also how does beamng distinguish metal from glass

9. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

To learn how to mod and make cars for BeamNG takes a lot of time and commitment, it took about a year and a half for me to start making cars for BeamNG and that was with very persistent effort. Take your time and learn little by little, start by adding stuff to the mod slot of a car, tinker around with different jbeam files for a car. Also do you know how to open and save jbeam files? do you know how to unpack and look at the files of a beamng car? Have you modeled in a 3D program before? All of these are basics I had to learn from scratch, making a car for BeamNG takes much effort even for seasoned modders which is why most of us dont accept mod request unless its something we really really want to make, or it invloves some form of payment. I was told that a good mod can be worth up to $5000 in time and effort, not sure how true this is though.

10. Ranbin Sun

Ranbin Sun
    Expand Collapse

Lets say im just going to build a car.

Im still working on it.

wait.. you can download car ande upload to blender then do it in beamng

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Antonio V00

Antonio V00
    Expand Collapse

12. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

Was this neccacary?Unbeleivable im so dissapointed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice