Question / Support How do I make a description for a car?

Discussion in 'Automation' started by kravn, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. kravn

kravn
    Expand Collapse

I've made several Automation cars and I want to do a description for them like the in game cars have. Can anyone help with this?
    Screenshot38.png

Screenshot39.png
    screenshot_2020-05-06_16-16-33.png
    screenshot_2020-05-05_23-05-33.png
    screenshot_2020-04-20_18-40-05.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lettice123

Lettice123
    Expand Collapse

Same I have been wondering this and I have also been wondering how to make different types of the same car in the same pack like on the pictuire you showed

3. appesh1

appesh1
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so you go to the files, and you should make an info.json file in the file of the automation car inside vehicles/whatever your car is named. After "info_", just name it whatever , making sure that both the .PC file and the .JSON's file has the same name. info_test like shown here:
    lalalala.png
    Then, once you're in the .json file, you basically write this into it:
    _C__Users_aappe_Desktop_info_testjson-Notepad5_10_202001_22_00.png

First, there is the performance class which is being phased out anyway so you can include it if you want but there's no need to, really.

Second one: The drivetrain. Either if it's AWD, FWD, RWD, or whatever.

Third one: The value. Basically how much it's worth, like how much you pay for it if it is in real life.

Fourth one: The description. You know how when you click on a car and there are several configurations, and when you click them, you see a description like "Base taxi with a V8" or something? Yeah, this is that. Whatever I type, it would show in the description tab in the game.

Fifth one: Configuration. It's basically what it's called, so for example, if I want the configuration to be called "Taxi", then I put that in between the quotes, and it would show in-game as "Taxi".

Sixth one: Power. It's basically how much horsepower or llamathrusts or zebraforce or whatever you wanna call it.

Seventh one: 0-60 mph (you could put kph but eh) is basically the 0:60 time the car has.

Eighth one: Config Type. It's basically what body style it is and what it does. For example, if I make a taxi config, I would label the Config Type as "Service". If I make a car with a wagon body style, I put in "Wagon".

Ninth one: "default_color". This basically dictates what color the car would spawn up in if the user doesn't already select a color.

Tenth one: Torque. It's basically the amount of torque in a car.

Second to last one: Years min, max. Min is the year that the car began production, and max is the year that it stopped production.

Last one: Transmission. This basically is the transmission the car has, if it has a manual, then put "Manual."

Keep in mind that you could trim every other out and leave the only three that might as well be important (Description, Configuration, and default_color.)

Here's the basic template that you just copy-paste into it and write in whatever in it:
    Code:
    {
    "Performance Class":"",
    "Drivetrain":"",
    "Value":,
    "Description":"",
    "Configuration":""
    "Power":,
    "0-60 mph":,
    "Config Type":"",
    "default_color":"",
    "Torque":,
    "Years":{
      "min":,
      "max":
    },
    "Transmission":"",
    }
    I hope this helped, anybody, correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kravn

kravn
    Expand Collapse

Is it the .json file that is all ready in the car that I need to edit or do I need to make a new one?

• Like Like x 1
  5. appesh1

appesh1
    Expand Collapse

Well, with most automation cars, there is an info.json file. You just need to add the name of the .pc file to the info.json file. For example, if I have a folder named test.pc, I would name my .json file info_test.json. Once you open the .json file inside of the automation car, you can just delete what's there and copy-paste the thing that I put in the post above you, and then fill in the slots with stuff. So, basically, yes, it's inside of the car folder but you just need to edit it. Just remember to unpack the .zip file containing the automation car and then edit it to have a description.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kravn

kravn
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for you're help so far I really appreciate it! I want to know If I should keep what is currently there in the .json file because I've done that and deleted the default color in the code you provided so that it doesn't mess with the one that was already in there. I've also tried to use It in game with the provided code and nothing but what was already in the .json file appeared. Does this have to do with the position of the code that I put In there?
    JSONfileDX5.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. appesh1

appesh1
    Expand Collapse

Well, yes. Also, you can just get rid of the code that was already in there and paste the new code.

8. kravn

kravn
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thanks I will try it and get back to you as soon as I can.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice