Solved How do you take a model from another game/game's mod and use it in beamng

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by AntaresDedsec, Jul 29, 2021.

1. AntaresDedsec

AntaresDedsec
    Expand Collapse

I've never really made a mod or thought of making a mod before, but a couple of days ago, I saw this video about beamng trucks which contained the tesla **semi** truck. It is basically my favorite truck and I began my search for the mod. After searching basically all over the internet, I found no leads on who made it or how I could obtain it. I decided to check the comments of the video that I saw to see if the creator had said anything, aaaaaand here's what I found upload_2021-7-29_10-42-1.png

Pictures of the truck from the video: upload_2021-7-29_10-42-29.png
    upload_2021-7-29_10-43-1.png
    upload_2021-7-29_10-43-49.png

After a bit of searching, it seems like the model is from an ETS2 mod, with working interiors and stuff.
    If anybody knows how I can obtain this mod or if anyone can teach me how I can import the ETS2 model into the game, it would be really appreciated. I want this mod for personal/private use only and not for any public release unless permitted. The ETS2 mod file is a .scs and thus I could not figure out how to do anything with it.

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Only famous youtubers use mods like this, the fact that some of the higher quality ones refuse to use it probably means that it's too low quality for them. It looks decent but it looks like it drives unrealistically, crash physics are janky, it's not even electric because you can see fire from invisible fuel tanks on the sides. I think it's just a T-Series with a replaced 3D model and removed sound and changed some engine stuff to behave more like an electric vehicle. Converting mods from other games is not a thing, this game is drastically different, the most you can use is the 3D model from another game if you drastically modify it and the textures if you make new materials for them.

3. AntaresDedsec

AntaresDedsec
    Expand Collapse

Oh dang thank you so much for that response, that makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you for taking your time to make a rookie like me understand the concept of beamng mods

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice