1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

How long did you play the tech demo before you bought the alpha?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by |Mike|, Aug 4, 2013.

?

How long did you play the tech demo before you bought the alpha?

1. Under 5 Minutes

353 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. 5-10 Minutes

172 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. 10-30 Minutes

128 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. 30 Minutes - An Hour

93 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Over an Hour

164 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. IM NOT A DUCK

IM NOT A DUCK
    Expand Collapse

I got excited and pulled out my debit card as fast as I could. I never played the tech demo.

2. wilder

wilder
    Expand Collapse

im a ror user. seen youtube video, then bought right after no demo need 4 me

3. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

I bought the Alpha as soon as I could, without the tech demo, I wasn't even sure if my computer could handle it. But it luckily did :)

4. Damocles

Damocles
    Expand Collapse

I came here via a link someone posted in the forums from another game. I had never even heard of this until then. But, seriously, I had my debit card in my hand within a minute of watching the first video. No need for a demo - I can tell it's going to be awesome. I'm downloading the game now.

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

This is a dream come true! Thank you BeamNG! Ever since a bad wreck in 1977 with major head trauma, I have been absolutely
    obsessed with car wrecks. I don't have the money or motivation to have this looked at by psychiatric personnel and
    would just draw car wreck diaorama's to satisfy my urges. Good to see so many fellow addicts, I feel so at home!:D

I am having serious difficulty getting sleep but when I do sleep I'm no longer dreaming of someone developing the program
    I've dream't of for so many years...IT'S FINALLY HERE.

6. Demache

Demache
    Expand Collapse

I didn't even bother. I figured if its like Rigs of Rods, just a bit more polished, its going to be good. And it is. Good deal for the price and being alpha.

7. antil33t

antil33t
    Expand Collapse

I bought the Alpha instantly... it's what... $19.50 NZD.

Good things are worth supporting!

8. TankSlapper

TankSlapper
    Expand Collapse

I had the demo installed for a few hours. I really didn't plan on paying for the alpha but then I logged into my paypal (which I thought was empty) to find a few extra bucks. So then I said, what the heck, why not. I've had it for three days now. Right after I played the alpha I uninstalled RoR, no need for both in my mind!

9. TheViking0086

TheViking0086
    Expand Collapse

I saw KurtJMac's video on youtube and bought it immediately

10. Abexuro

Abexuro
    Expand Collapse

I had never heard of this game, company or RoR until I randomly came across a video on YouTube about it. While getting trapped in a suggested video's loop I found KurtJMac's gameplay video, which pretty much convinced me I wanted this game.

11. RCDuke

RCDuke
    Expand Collapse

Hooray! A fellow Kurt fan! He's also the reason why I purchased the alpha without playing the tech demo. Best $ I've spent on a driving game!

He just uploaded a new video today where he explores the main island and has a lot of fun with some AI cars.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme
    Expand Collapse

Haha, what a marvelous post! :) You speak the truth, sir.

13. Lumberjack007

Lumberjack007
    Expand Collapse

I didn't buy it right away for two reasons: Even the tech demo is fun as hell and I wanted to see how much interest there was. So honestly it's your guys fault I went over my fun buget that month... you all convinced me this game had a bright future. Cheers!

14. Killerchicken

Killerchicken
    Expand Collapse

0seconds ... just bought it after kurt Reviewed it

15. DowTheFish

DowTheFish
    Expand Collapse

Played for nearly an hour, only because I couldnt stop playing. It was only when I wanted more that I pulled my finger out of my arse and bought it. I LOVE Beamng Drive!

16. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

I knew I wanted the Alpha as soon as I watched a few YouTube videos about it. I played the game for almost 3 weeks though, just out of laziness to download it. But I wanted it all along. This game is amazing!

17. Possibly_Pos

Possibly_Pos
    Expand Collapse

played the game for about 3 days you know finding out what was buggy and coming here to see if they problems got fixed most did some did not and i own the game now but the few bugs i found in the tech demo are still here

and yes i know what version this game is in and know it is not very dif from the tech

(one bug is if you crash your car in a specific way you game does not let you spawn a new vehicle in on any map till you reload the game.

I'm done :p

18. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

I bought it right after I fingered its damn boring just with the d15 and gridmap.;)

19. FreeFall

FreeFall
    Expand Collapse

I just bought stragith away just for the hell of it.. I barely have time to do any gaming but I'll get to figuring out BeamNG one day or another :p

20. Cobra89

Cobra89
    Expand Collapse

Hey,

i buyed the game bevor i test the Demo...No risk, no fun

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice