1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

How many cars can your pc handle at once?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JDMClark, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't pass 65c on an AMD chip. (150f)

EDIT: Ninja'd

2. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Okay, then I should most likely stop testing in a second. It is at 147, and going up slowly.

Okay, should probably stop.

3. xypex982

xypex982
    Expand Collapse

You aren't on stock cooling by chance are you?

4. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I know, it is not a good idea. But yes. Good thing is is that the temps shot back down after I stopped. They never go above 125F on Beam.
    Was I supposed to have some big cooler for these settings you posted? If they are cheaper than $75 for a good enough one, I could probably​ get one for it very soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I found a cheap water cooler that is compatible:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ffiliateID=8BacdVP0GFs-f5zJ8qqWc29ZkiC3yyLHZQ

I am pretty sure water cooling is the best way to go?

5. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Recommendations. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...81-029^35-181-029-TS&percm=35-181-029:$$$$$$$
    I am personally using the t40 and with a quick sloppy thermal paste job it is keeping my 870 under 65 at max load.

EDIT: GAH! Ninja'd :p Watercoolers are not always best, but they can be great. They aren't particularly quiet. Ask seadoo, I think he is running a h100i.

6. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

A decent air cooler would be cheaper, but that is the water cooler I have. I paid 40 bucks for it at Best Buy on clearance. My CPU never goes above 130f with the pump and fan set to low on my fan controller. (115-120f on high)

Also, the stock fan on that thing is pretty loud until you turn it down.

7. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I found two more, and I am happy that coolers are cheap. I see that Clark is looking, so he can help too.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005O65JXI/?tag=pcpapi-20
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ffiliateID=8BacdVP0GFs-FwhoahZZHZRddgTS60aJEQ

Which one of the three I posted should work the best? I think that size may​ become an issue.

Also, as long as the fan isn't EXTREMELY LOUD, I am fine with it.

Looked on the site for the stock cooler, and it is 29 DB. It isn't really that loud to me, personally.

#347 Cardinal799, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. xypex982

xypex982
    Expand Collapse

The bigger the fan the quieter it is usually while moving more air. If you went with the amazon heatsinks you posted I would get another 120mm fan to place on the other side of the heatsink.

Extremely loud you say, I used to run a 92 mm Vantec Tornado fan on my aftermarket heatsink for my first rig at 100% speed. Thankfully my z-5500 speakers could outpower the 56 dba that fan emitted lol.

9. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I have a mini ATX case. Not sure if that could fit. If it does and that was a stupid thing to say, I am losing my brainpower at around this time of night, so I get a little less intelligent. (Don't worry, I am not doing any more with the computer tech stuff tonight :p )

Updated my sig yet again.

10. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Oh, I see you have the HAWK 270x. I was going to get it, but the HIS 270x compliments my black and white theme. Do you like the HAWK? Pros or cons?

11. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Pros:
    Everything
    Cons:
    Doesn't come with a disco party package for your case.

(It's kind of hard to get cons from someone who has used toasters since 1999)

You can also tell that you have used good parts all your life if you prefer something because it compliments your color scheme. I don't care if the card looked like it was literally made of shit, it is still going in my system.

Don't be like my parents and buy a PAVILION because it looks nice. Of course, I would love to have a color scheme for my parts, but I just want good parts that are cheap. ($200 for it is awesome IMO).

12. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. My 650ti works well on high settings in pretty much all the games I play but it looks puny and ugly compared to other cards. The heatsink actually looks pretty bad even though it works nearly as cool as my dad's stock 660. (Mine is overvolted as high as the card will allow. I tried a BIOS mod but that still wouldn't let higher voltage.)

02G-P4-3653-KR_XL_4.jpg

I had a P3 system with a 64MB Radeon up to 2008 when I got my P4 system, which I upgraded with my dad's old Geforce 7600GS then for Xmas 2012 I got the computer I have now and now that I have this really awesome case (NZXT Phantom 001WT) and two widescreen monitors, really the only things I can complain about is the fact that my CPU isn't exactly the best.

13. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Cwazy, you must love overclocking your stuff, lol.

But seriously, do you think that the two air coolers could be too big for my case?

14. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I dunno. Measure it or look at the size specs for the case and cooler. If you're worried about space you could spring for the water cooler you mentioned earlier. (Just make sure you have a 120mm fan in the back of the case.)

Yeah, I've been overclocking my shiz ever since my 7300GT card. (That thing had a worse heatsink than the Radeon in my P3. It would regularly go over 200f.)

15. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I may do it tomorrow. I am eating a bag of Spree, and I can't stop singing that tiptoe thing from Insidious, lol.
    (that is what happens when the Cardinal eats candy.)

16. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Ya could just test to see what voltage you can get without the card going over 150-160f and then see how high you can get the clock on that voltage. My motherboard has a defect where I have no CPU voltage control whatsoever. Not in the BIOS or in overclocking programs. It runs at 4.2GHz on stock voltage :D

Another weird thing about my CPU is that I can push the multiplier all the way to 47 (5.4GHz) but it doesn't actually make any difference whatsoever in performance. It is a neat number, but I can tell people I did it on stock voltage.

17. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

It became an option because of it is the 3rd most powerful 270x on the market and it was the cheapest. The black and white is a bonus. :p I have actually used (super) budget or prebuilt my entire life, I just got to choose my scheme this time around as long as I used my money. Lucky me! Running a T40 with the iceqx2 270x and the NZXT 210 source with it's black and white fans cost me just over $100 with the 270x being a christmas present.

18. Rand0mPsych0

Rand0mPsych0
    Expand Collapse

19. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Please educate yourself a bit more on how CPU's and computers in general work, Google is your friend buddy, or just stop posting when you don't know what your talking about. Once and for all CPU utilization has absolutely nothing to do with the frequency you run your chip at, period.

Holy shit, so much off topic in this thread now...

20. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Well I made the thread I'll continue the off topic. My very first PC build was a 16 year old making minimum wage. Didnt look that much into color scheme just kept it black with a nzxt case I have in closet.. Nzxt M59(thanks Google).. Gigabyte 880gm-ud2h motherboard and my phenon II x4 965. Corsair gs700 and a MSI twin frozr II 6950. Pretty beastly setup. Saved up and bought one piece at a time. Was smart and bought All I needed to get it running(integrated 4250).. And was so proud when I first turned it on.. Well as I got money I decided to upgrade.. Not really staying in a color scheme but nothing too far out of wack.

White NZXT Phantom Case, MSI mpower z77(killed it via static <.<) i7 3770k oc 4.5ghz, same ram. Only 8gb corsair vengeance ram. EVGA 770 4gb.. Wasn't a color scheme but looked gorgeous. Would upload pic but on phone right now.

Gonna vent on here.. So my mpower board died on me and I think it was from myself idk.died when I reseated graphics card.. Idk you can figure out how.. So i sent it to MSI before Christmas via USPS. Fragile blah blah my asshole, was smashed in shipped, never seen a BENT motherboard in my life. MSI wouldn't replace and said its out of warranty.. So now I'm back to my 880gm and 965..

- - - Updated - - -

^^ my rig from the first page lol.with the mpower and i7 in it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice