1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

How many cars can your pc handle at once?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JDMClark, Nov 11, 2013.

1. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

no idea, i dont have an nvidia card :p hoping to get one tomorrow though

2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I have a pc to build tomorrow thats got a GTX700 Series card in it I hope lol

3. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

It's better than both fraps and bandicam, also it is just a bit better than MSI Afterburner too :)

4. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

Ok back to topic, my PC that I got for Christmas, the current one (I got it a bit early) can handle 12 pickups at 25 fps, could go higher but too lazy I'll try to get more soon

5. xypex982

xypex982
    Expand Collapse

Six Ladas and I am down to 10 fps. I ran this with nothing but chrome on with about six tabs open (I always have them open). My CPU is the bottleneck as I get 30fps with six Ladas when I turn off physics. Does this game support hyper threading, because the FX cpus have it in order to sell a dual core as a "quad" or my tri core as a "six core" etc.

fps.jpg

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Game is multi threaded, each vehicle gets its own core. Games do not optimise for hyperthreading. Fx series is not hyperthreaded either. Your chip isn't triple core, its triple module consists of 2 physical cores with shared cache for a total of 6 cores. Hyperthreading is Intel only and allows one physical core to operate as two logical cores.

7. xypex982

xypex982
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the clarification! I had been telling friends my cpu is just a tri-core that is hyperthreaded and thus "six" 3 logical and 3 virtual. This is the only game that makes my cpu, rather than gpu bottleneck. It seems obvious now given I can crank the graphics up in beam ng with little to no hit in FPS.

May have to pick up a used fx-8xxx down the road (when they are sub $100 used) as I think that my socket is dead and thus the 8xxx would be the only upgrade.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

FX series chips are all AM3+ so your probably good to go with whatever you can afford. AMD don't insist on changing package type with such frequency, they currently just use FM2 for their APU's and AM3+ for desktop CPU's. They still churn out semprons in AM3 but those are an older product and AM3+ is backward compatible with AM3.

BeamNG can suffer from graphics bottlenecking (for 1 vehicle it does on my laptop), but we're talking on low end cards. Its definitely a CPU hungry beast. I need to upgrade both CPU and GPU in desktop, might get an FX series and then when NVidia release it get a GTX860 (when they release such a thing, probably not soon but I'm in no hurry).

although I don't have exact FPS values: laptop can do 2 cars smoothly enough, doesnt like 3 without stuttering heavily, desktop I did 3 without issue, have never attempted more.

9. Jon

Jon
    Expand Collapse

Well i forgot how to see actual fps in the game but i had around 600 (physic?) fps. I got quite impressed how many i where able to get before the game became a slideshow (6 or less and i'm able to keep a good 30 fps, i think).
    It was maxed out graphic on the pure grid map (i think there is 17 cars there).
    17 cars in one go.jpg

10. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I got maybe half my normal FPS with FRAPS but with Shadowplay I can't even notice an FPS drop. Uses less space too.

11. 3r1cFPS

3r1cFPS
    Expand Collapse

But I heared the quality is not the best?

Greetz,
    GCG

12. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

I don't see a difference :eek:

13. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Set on max quality and I can't tell a difference. Even if it was lower quality I probably wouldn't care because it doesn't affect performance and uses less space. (Maybe 3/4 or half what fraps uses?)

14. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

stream to twitch capabilities? (if not yet, that sucks, because it would be awesome to stream to twitch with 0% performance loss, oh well, will defintley be switching from fraps to nvidia shadowplay once i get my gtx 760 though :))

15. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

2 at 5fps

16. ErikSW

ErikSW
    Expand Collapse

Poor you lol :p

21 Gavril D-series on gridmap at 6 fps (couldn't take a picture, game crashed :( )

17. TedHallgren

TedHallgren
    Expand Collapse

my fps locks at 25 fps with three cars, even tho i have 8 cores at 4GHz... havent tried more cars
    (highest settings and post FX)

18. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

specs? depending on the model of the cpu, it may not be enough (especially scince its probably not an ACTUAL, 8 core cpu, and is more likeley a 4 core, with 4 threads of hyperthreading, which gives the 4 more cores, for a total of 8

19. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

They are in his signature. Genuine 8 core, well 4 module but 1 module is 2 physical cores.

20. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Hurf.

GTX 770

(imported from here)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice