1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

How many cars can your pc handle at once?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JDMClark, Nov 11, 2013.

1. tjspycorp

tjspycorp
    Expand Collapse

My Toshiba satellite can handle 2-3 cars on regular maps before it drops normally. 4-6 cars on grid map. (this is without a graphics card by the way)

- - - Updated - - -

My Toshiba satellite can handle 2-3 cars on regular maps before it drops normally. 4-6 cars on grid map. (this is without a graphics card by the way)

2. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

3@ 13fps and 2 @ 22fps when OC to 4.5ghz
    screenshot_00013.png
    1 @ 4.9fps underclocked to 1.4ghz (lol) edit: there was another car on map that I didn't see. It's more like 7-8fps with one car
    screenshot_00014.png
    car wouldn't move for some reason

- - - Updated - - -

yay you got the spoiler to work :p

#162 moosedks, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  3. Jon

Jon
    Expand Collapse

What is your clock speed on the cpu? I got same gpu and cpu and wonder why you only got 25fps (i usually stay at 30 fps with 1080p).

4. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

dont use that one, for certain people, it locks itself at 25 fps, try CTRL+F, or download fraps or something (wont affect performance unless you start recording, and fps limit doesnt activate until you start recording as well

5. xypex982

xypex982
    Expand Collapse

I hope most of you people who have posted when the update comes out. I'm interested in seeing what a "25% increase in physics speed" translates into FPS for those of us with a lacking CPU

6. TheFinnishBadger

TheFinnishBadger
    Expand Collapse

Test.Register test.

7. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the BeamNG forums Badger!! Now change your first reply to something in relation to the thread :).

- - - Updated - - -

I can elaborate that my i7 handles this game so much better than mg AMD X4 965 BE.. My i7s motherboard took a dump on me so I'm having to use the amd CPU.. 35-40 fps with 1 car 25-30 with 2.. 3+ it drops to 20 and below..

8. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

Its a russian car mod look through the posts

- - - Updated - - -

Nvidia geforce gtx 650 ti

9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

..., im fairly certain whoever asked specs, meant ALL, your specs, not just your graphics card, all of them, would be CPU, RAM, HDD (or SSD, depending) and OS

10. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

what could you get from a Intel Haswell 4770K running 8 cores with 16GB RAM and a GTX770 at 1080p resolution...

11. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

A lot.

12. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

I've a i7-3770k which is about 15% slower, I manage 6-8 cars before I below 30 fps, so I would expect it to manage 7-9. Maybe? (At stock clocks, OC'ed I manage 10 or so)

Edit: I also run the same res and a GTX 680 (Basically a GTX 770 since it's a rebrand)
    Edit2: I forgot to mention that the game only uses 70% of the CPU for some reason (although it uses all cores and threads)

#172 AirSKiller, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  13. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

ah thanks I have the EVGA GTX770 4GB Classified model so does that have anything to do with it at all...just wondering..ya know..

14. CrazeGaming

CrazeGaming
    Expand Collapse

mine can handle about 3-4 cars depending on what they are

15. tbone335

tbone335
    Expand Collapse

I have no problem running a 12 Car AI Demo Derby at 1080P. Specs: Intel Core I7 4770k 16GB RAM EVGA GTX 680 4gb 4-way SLI. Wish there was a way to auto populate the map instead of spawning each car individually.

16. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

4x SLI 680s? daggum nice rig man. I dont see how the CPU can handle 12 cars smoothly but thats good!

17. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, putting cars one by one is really boring xDD

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see it too... Especially knowing that the game doesn't support SLI so his rig is pretty much like mine anyway... And I can't handle 12 cars, at least over 15 fps I don't.

Edit: 13 Cars, 11 fps.
    Edit2: Screenshot added, also, I used different cars so it loads more things into memory (not sure if it makes a difference)

- - - Updated - - -

Should handle exactly like my GTX 680, the GTX 770 is only a GTX 680 with a different name and some OC, since I've got mine OC'ed even past GTX 770 levels (Same OC on the memory, 1250Mhz on the Core), should be about the same :)

Attached Files:

• BeamNG32.png
  18. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

also note, that he said it was the CLASSIFIED edition, which means it has an extreme factory oc by EVGA or whatever

19. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I am running stock clocks on everything I dont have the intent to overclock that graphics card...since its my brothers and he would murder me if he found out I had OCed the card..

20. tbone335

tbone335
    Expand Collapse

How doesn't it support it? They may not say it does but they are all under a load when I play the game. I am playing the game on 4 27in ASUS monitors that I span with nvidia surround. How do you say my rig is the same as yours.... that's like saying a prius is faster than a lambo.. Not trying to start a fight but come on...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice