How many of you actually drive in real life?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Dr.Diep, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I have driven a 1972 Lincoln since i was 13 years old,it was also hard to figure out where the road is since the bonnet is so long.

2. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I'm actually 11 and don't have my license or any Crown Vics.
    There it is. I came clean.

• Like Like x 4
  3. brianvalk

brianvalk
    Expand Collapse

how is it that your not banned from the forum already

• Like Like x 2
  4. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

*Sigh*

5. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

I'm 16, but I don't have a license yet, let alone a G1.

• Like Like x 1
  6. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Im very impatiently awaiting the arrival of my birthday in about 7 months... its killing me not being able to have the legal means to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

If you're wondering what a G1 is, it's this:
    Level One lasts 12 months. The Ministry of Transportation encourages all new drivers to take an approved driver-education course to help learn the proper driving skills and knowledge. You should begin your training as soon as you become a Level One driver so you can get as much driving experience as possible. If you pass an approved course, you can complete Level One in eight months. While at Level One, the following rules apply:
    • You must not drive if you have been drinking alcohol. Your blood-alcohol level must be zero.
    • You must not drive alone; an accompanying driver must sit in the front passenger seat. This is the only person who can be in the front seat with you while you drive. The accompanying driver must have a valid Class G (or higher) licence, at least four years of driving experience and a blood-alcohol level of less than .05 per cent when accompanying you. Time spent at the Class G2 level, as long as the G2 licence was valid (not suspended), does count toward the accompanying driver’s four years of experience. The accompanying driver’s licence may have demerit points, but it cannot be suspended.
    • Each person in the vehicle must have a working seatbelt.
    • You must not drive on 400-series highways with a posted speed limit over 80km/h. Also, you must not drive on certain high-speed roads including the Queen Elizabeth Way, Don Valley Parkway and the Gardiner Expressway in the Greater Toronto Area, the E.C. Row Expressway in Windsor and the Conestoga Parkway in Kitchener-Waterloo. However, if your accompanying driver is a driving instructor, you may drive on any road.
    • You must not drive between midnight and 5 a.m.
    And there you have it, the Ontario MTO G1 information.
    MORE HERE.

8. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

So maybe my kid was right after all.

I AM old... :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Latios Jeff

Latios Jeff
    Expand Collapse

Short answer: Yes, I do drive IRL.

I have had my driver's license since the end of 2011 way before I even knew about BeamNG, in fact I don't think the first video of it didn't exist yet (correct me if i'm wrong).
    The first car I've really learned to drive in was an experienced dark blue 1989 Oldsmobile 88 with blue interior with the Buick 3800 under the hood. Pretty huge car to start off with, though that car is no longer with us since the transmission on it destroyed itself at 197k miles in the summer of 2012.

Other cars I've been behind the wheel of through out the years in the family are:
    1995 Buick Century (2.2 4cyl model, very squishy suspension, been scrapped in 2014 due to engine problems and was replaced by the Beretta, that plushy sedan was at 220k miles)
    1993 Ford Explorer (Been in the family since '97 and is still in the yard as a backup car, 4wd doesn't work)
    1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass base model (The only pure rwd and only V8 powered car I've ever driven, though as of now it's getting neglected since dad is getting too old to even keep up with maintenance)
    1995 Chevrolet Beretta (2.2 4cyl just like in the Buick, was for me to drive initially before I gave it to dad when we got a low mileage Oldsmobile)
    1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL (Current car for me to drive, we had it since 2013.)
    2001 Ford Escape (Probably the fastest car we currently have in acceleration, I've only driven this very briefly and for some reason it's got an 8k rpm tachometer)

Rented cars I've driven for my two road test attempts:
    White Honda Civic (Probably a 2010)
    Metallic red Nissan Sentra (I think it was also a 2010)
    The reason we had to rent a car for the road test was due to some ridiculous rule of the hand brake placement having to be in the center of the car, and none of the cars we had at the time had a hand brake... instead it was a pedal that's off to the left side known as the parking brake.

Other cars I got to briefly drive that were not in the family, both of these were just one time experiences:
    Nissan Maxima (forgot what year it was, had an ungodly amount of wheelspin from pressing the pedal too hard after being so used to the slower engine response of the Oldsmobile 88)
    Ford F250 extended cab (largest vehicle I've ever been behind the wheel of)

10. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Ive been driving for 8 years now. With my recent job, i put 50k miles in less than 2 years on my car. So yea i drive a lot. Typical day is about 100-150 miles. Living far from work is not fun

11. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I drove once and now I'm dead.

12. DapperDan

DapperDan
    Expand Collapse

currently learning to drive(getting lessons)
    currently saving for a Volkswagen Golf Mk4
    was thought how to drive in a Mitsubishi Challenger by my father at 14

(note this is not the vehicle i was thought in, obviously)

13. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I'm 13, so I've driven my dad's Elantra around an unused college once.

14. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I have been driving since forever it seems... well... since 2009. I have an 88 Ford Mustang, 92 Ford Mustang, 81 Chevy K10 (being restored), and 83 Yamaha Seca XJ 650R, 95 Subaru Impreza (just a little 1.8 coupe), and a 76 Corvette Stingray (haven't even started restoring it yet). Yes, I have a bit of a car buying problem, and that is extenuated in the fact that I just struck a deal with a guy on Ebay to buy yet another Corvette!

What the heck is wrong with me...

15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

i drive everywhere watching YBR on my phone thats perched over the speedo and distracts me from the road so I get t boned all the time.

No in all seriousness. Had time out due to financial constraints. But otherwise used to drive a huge amount.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I've been driving legally for over a year, got my license like 7-8 months ago. Got my car in May.

17. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

This is why I beamng.

18. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

I do, one of these:

And one of these:

19. QuitePear192103

QuitePear192103
    Expand Collapse

I put the wrong date in my bio by accident. I'm 21 and I've been driving since 16. actually 13 (but lets keep that to ourselves). Ijust used to park my mothers car and my grandmothers car.

20. Pazzi8

Pazzi8
    Expand Collapse

I learned to drive at 13yo in a light blue daewoo matiz. In my life (now I'm 19yo) I drove a brown 2006 Fiat Croma, a 2010 Ford Mondeo SW, a BMW X1 and a Mercedes CLA (all my father's cars).
    I drove my friends toyota Aygo and an Alfa MiTo. I drove a nissan Note and a Fiat Panda too. Actually I drive a red 2008 Peugeot 107, my favourite one ;););).. joking, my REAL favourite is the CLA220:p

From 16yo to 18yo I had a Peugeot scooter: Jet force c-tech Iceblade with tecnigas exhaust :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice