Solved How to add description to config?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Nissan versa, May 11, 2021.

1. Nissan versa

Nissan versa
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so I've been wondering how to add a description to a config. Can anyone let me know how?
    Thx!:p

2. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

Step 1: Create a folder inside your mods folder named vehicles
    Step 2: In your new vehicles folder, create a folder named the filename of the vehicle your config is for. (Not the in-game name, the name the vehicle is in the files. If you aren't sure, tell me and I will help.)
    Step 3: Navigate to (C: ) / Users / [your username] / AppData / Local / BeamNG.drive / latest / vehicles
    Step 4: Locate the vehicle folder your config is in. (Again, if you aren't sure which folder, I can help)
    Step 5: Move the files named [your config name].jpg and [your config name].pc to the new folder you created inside the vehicles folder you made.
    Step 6: Create a new text file next to the other config files called info_[your config name].json
    Step 7: In the new file, type the following lines of code:
    Code:
    {
    "Description":"[Type description here]",
    "Configuration":"[Type name of configuration here]"
    }
    Step 8: Send the 'vehicles' folder you created into a compressed zipped folder named anything you want. If the new .zip folder is not already in your mods folder, move it there.

I hope this helped. This method may be outdated, the last time I remember doing this was a year or 2 ago. If it doesn't work or you have any questions about any of the steps, please tell me so I can help.

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

This method still works, it's basically making a config mod

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice