Unsolved How to change HubWheels to PressureWheels

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Dean Wang, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

How ?

FAILED ATTEMPT :(
    screenshot_00518.png

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Make sure you set right numbers to offset, for example:
    ["wheel_F_6","steelwheel_02a_16x8_F", "Front Wheels", {"nodeOffset":{"x":"0.20", "y":-1.495, "z":0.286}}],

If your Z is off, then wheels will appear at wrong height.

3. Luciferion

Luciferion
    Expand Collapse

No, private message fufsgfen that instead, ivan doesn't care if you said ''don't re-upload please :)'' he will reupload it anyways,

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Ok, it looks like you have also a jbeam issue, see how your front suspension is quite loose there:
    upload_2018-1-18_7-2-9.png

Also there is one node at side which is kind of lost from other nodes.

You probably need to jbeam suspension again, make sure you have all supporting beams there, something might of set your beams bit off, that is actually same state as my ETK G500 which I stole from russians, need to build suspension supports again etc.

Your rear axle seems to be completely separate from vehicle, make sure you have beams that connect axle to body, for example have le1r connect to three body nodes around it, both leaf spring end nodes should be secured same way by creating beams so that they can't move around. Same thing at the front too, find nodes from front suspension that you can connect to body with enough many beams so that those nodes won't move anymore.
    upload_2018-1-18_7-12-9.png

For rear I just slapped some beams there to keep axle on place, it is not properly setup though, but this is what I added to rear suspension file so rear axle does not fall off:

["f4r","le1r"],
    ["f4rr","le1r"],
    ["rx1r","le1r"],

["f4l","le1l"],
    ["f4ll","le1l"],
    ["rx1l","le1l"],

["r4","le2r"],
    ["r4rr","le2r"],
    ["r6rr","le2r"],

["r4","le2l"],
    ["r4ll","le2l"],
    ["r6ll","le2l"]

For me it is annoying to use NBeditor because there is no way to pan view, also it would greatly help if beams would be of different color when they come from different file, also showing or hiding beams/nodes by groups would be almost necessarily, so hard to see anything with that when trying to see correct nodes to connect between leaf spring and body.

I think there was way to get nodes or/and beams into Blender somehow? That would help when trying to visualize all that.
    --- Post updated ---
    It is not good, you might want to redo yourself as I'm not suspension expert in beam, but it seems to work somewhat. I had to increase spring rate at front quite a bit, problem that you have is that your suspension files look for nodes with fr which is short of frame, while your body has nodes with fx prefix.

All that is needed to do is to find nodes from the frame where you can make beams to keep suspension nodes at place, like fr7r which is upper whisbone end that should attach to body, so all I did was that I changed those FR node references to FX and attempted to find out suitable nodes from body that could be used to hold suspension nodes in place via making beams between them.

Sorry that I did not write comments on file, but Notepad++ and diff plugin works well :p

Attached Files:

#4 fufsgfen, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

The suspension was completely untouched it's from the D15
    BTW thank you for the info ;D

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Just make sure you check especially rear, I did just quickly put few beams there so that rear axle does not fall off.

There is probably huge amount of information that I don't have and that I can't find about suspension building in Beam, I'm pretty much just learning that stuff right now.

Track width is something you need to adjust a bit as well as spring rate and dampers in addition of making sure beams are correct.

How to make especially front to match real world data, that is bit unknown subject to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice