How to change terrain painter textures?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by IloinenUkkeli (Fin), Feb 24, 2018.

1. IloinenUkkeli (Fin)

IloinenUkkeli (Fin)
    Expand Collapse

I'm making new map and I need to change diffuse, macro, detail and normal maps, but my map is in the mod folder and it's zip archive, so i can't open it in the editor and choose the terrain I need. I opened the zip file, and moved the map to the location where all the official beamng maps are, but it somehow corrupted roads and vegetation, so I moved it back to the mods folder. What should I do?
    Nyttkuva7.png

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If you want to work on levels, you should extract them from the ZIP.
    So setup your map in a way that all the files are in Documents/BeamNG.drive/levels/<mapname>/<variousfiles>
    Then you would be able to select those textures from the editor.

NOTE:
    The editor in the current version has some problems with userfolder and path.
    If you get issues, try moving the map inside the game's installation folder (<InstallFolder>/levels/<mapname>).
    Then it should work fine. Anything you save in the editor still gets saved in your userfolder (Documents/BeamNG.drive/levels)

3. IloinenUkkeli (Fin)

IloinenUkkeli (Fin)
    Expand Collapse

Alright, but another problem with the forest. When I try to erase some trees and save the map, then the next time I open the map the old forest that I already erased is back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice