How to create AI paths?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Gamergull, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Gamergull

Gamergull
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'm working on my first map, it's not too special, really. It has one short curved mesh road above a cove, and I'd like AI to drive on it. Question is, how do I create AI paths or navigation for it? I've looked through the wiki and forums, and didn't find any help. I've opened up several other maps in the editor, and I can see that there are green paths of some sort, but I can't seem to interact with them in any way. Apparently, there is or was an AI Path Editor tool, but it's not on the toolbar. Help?

2. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

When you select a decal road with the road editor, you'll see a drivability parameter in the menu.
    '-1' -> Not drivable by the AI
    '1' -> optimal
    '0.5' -> dirt path
    You can also input other values between 0 and 1 and the AI will do it's best to take into account the roughness of the road.

If you need to create AI paths elsewhere than a decal road (for example, on a bridge), you can manually add waypoints and link them using the map.json file. To be sure they link to the network of decal roads, the end waypoints have to be really close to the last node of the decal road that should connect to them. You can have a look at East Coast USA to see what's the syntax of map.json, and see practical examples of what I just said.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gamergull

Gamergull
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Ah, thanks so much! I was wondering what those waypoints were on some maps. This makes more sense now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice