How to import models from different levels into one?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by rmfurm, Feb 8, 2019.

1. rmfurm

rmfurm
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone have a tutorial link or know how to do it?

2. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Are you saying, taking rocks or something from the Utah map and moving them into a custom level?

3. rmfurm

rmfurm
    Expand Collapse

Yea, say i want a building from WCU but i used ECU as the base map, how would i import it?

4. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

It's actually very simple.

Take for instance utah rocks. There is a directory, "art/shapes/rocks." Just copy the rocks dir to your levels art/shapes dir. Now you have yourLevel/art/shapes/rocks.

Now inside that directory make sure you have fixed any paths. On my phone right now and off the top of my head I don't remember what files are linked. Basically if you see materials in that directory, change them to read yourLevel/art/shapes/rocks/textureFile.dds instead of utah/art/shapes/rocks/textureFile.dds

If you are then in the editor, just navigate f1 menu to art.. Shapes.. Rocks... And select one! If the textures aren't working, either edit the materials.cs file or point to the correct ones in the editor.

Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice