1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

How to increase engine noise?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT, Oct 12, 2018.

1. STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT

STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT
    Expand Collapse

So I want to increase the engine noise for a V10 engine that I made because it's awfully quiet and I couldn't hear it until I turned my volume up. All the other engines are fine though so is there any way to increase a certain engine's noise with the sound config in the jbeam file?

2. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

increase the gain levels in the engine jbeam file....if its a negative number, like -12 for example, raise it up to maybe -10, go up in small increments because the sound can get screwy quick.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT

STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT
    Expand Collapse

Thanks mate. Did just what I wanted! :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

no problem buddy, happy to help. adjusting the frequencies up or down slightly also changes the tone of the engine as well, if you are using a stock engine noise but want to make it sound more unique, do that. I changed the stock V6 engine sound to be more raspy and aggressive, I love the way it came out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

could you kinda explain the effect that changing each value has on the sound? i'm going for a pretty specific sound in my head, but i just cant get the soundconfig manipulated correctly to produce what i want.

6. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

honestly I get confused with how the frequencies are defined in terms of the crossover and stuff like that, I usually jus fudge with the numbers, lower the low and raise the high values, or vice versa...maybe someone else can give some more concrete info or break down what each field actually does, like how each value affects the sound.

7. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

The wiki has a section on sounds here
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Sound

8. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

thanks for that link, I forgot all about the wiki. i even looked through it before for something else lol that definitely explains a lot.

9. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

it explains the technical changes to the sound, but i dont really understand it. i was wondering about how each one changes the sound (ex. "makes it raspier" or "makes the low-rpm drone more and the high rpm more clear")

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice