1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

How to install Reshade (tutorial)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt_890s, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Matt_890s

Matt_890s
    Expand Collapse

NOTE: while Reshade makes BeamNG look a lot better, it does tank (aka decrease) your framerate a bit. However, if you have a decently powerful computer, the framerate drop shouldn't be that noticeable.

Right, with that out of the way, here's a guide on how to install Reshade!

1) Go to this website and click download: Home (reshade.me)
    2) Open your downloads folder and you should see a program that looks like this:
    Screenshot2021-11-01093744.png
    3) Open the program and select "Click here to select a game and manage its Reshade installation"
    4) Choose BeamNG.drive (x64) and click "Use selected application".
    Screenshot2021-11-01094009.png
    5) Then, select Direct3D 10/11/12. If you select any other renderer such as Direct3D 9, if will not work!
    6) You're halfway there! Now, a menu would pop up. Select the shaders you would like to have in-game. A black square means that you get to choose the specific effects in that pack. If you click the same box again (for example the sweetfx pack), then it will install everything in that shader pack.
    Screenshot2021-11-01100143.png
    7) Click "OK"
    8) Wait for your selected shaders to download. This can take a while, especially if you ticked all of the shaders. Be patient:)
    9) Close the program when everything is installed.
    10) Launch BeamNG.drive. If you installed Reshade correctly, then you should see a little menu when you open the game (you can hide this by hitting Esc, and view it via the Home key).

Done!

Note: if you clear your cache, the reshade will be gone, unfortunately :(

#1 Matt_890s, Nov 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DARIUSSZZ

DARIUSSZZ
    Expand Collapse

This is good!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. theComputerNerd

theComputerNerd
    Expand Collapse

How do you make the reshade only apply to half of the screen so you can see the difference?

4. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

Don't think you can. But you can take a screenshot in the same spot with both reshade on and off and edit both into different halves. Then just bring them together.

5. DieselDuster

DieselDuster
    Expand Collapse

offtopic, but i just realized how many messages you have, it's surprising thet you have over 1k messages while you have joined in 2022... wow!

• Like Like x 1
  6. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

Had a bunch to say. I guess it came from chipping in on so many threads. I don't talk as much now, I've become a bit busier on a large project (that has something do with beam).

• Like Like x 1
  7. DieselDuster

DieselDuster
    Expand Collapse

everybody will do so. when a while passes from the time you joined the forums (like half a year, or a year, maybe?), you wont talk as much, like some members or creators that joined like 2013 to 2021 dont really talk at all. i will be like this aswell soon.
    (About the project, is it a secret, or you are working on some sort of car, prop, ect?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

For me, it’s mainly because I got myself a life. Wouldn’t recommend.

It is mostly a secret (if anyone does find out, I won’t sweat it), but it isn’t any of those (although I do want to try my hand at a map afterwards). All I’m allowed to say is that it will be a thing that has extremely rarely been done and I’ve only seen it done once before. If everything works out right, it should take another two weeks to a month as I can’t work on it for the next few days. It isn’t too hard, just time consuming as hell.

9. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Check this out:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Swardor

Swardor
    Expand Collapse

how do you open it

11. Matt_890s

Matt_890s
    Expand Collapse

I haven't used it in a very long time now, may have to re-check. Sorry.

12. Swardor

Swardor
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to say with which application you open the .exe because I have wine to do it and it doesn't work

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice