Unsolved How to make plate mods with custom size

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Vinh, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I'm curious about how to make plates like what @JorgePinto implanted on his Start and Spainish plates mod?
    Can anyone help me?
    What i want to do is like in the pic below
    screenshot_00031.png
    The plate sports custom size. So how can i do this?

2. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Bump

• Like Like x 1
  3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I assume that since you already have JorgePinto's mod you've taken that apart to see how it works. Where are you getting stuck?

4. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I can't understand anything in it

5. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Well in that case... let me direct your eyes over here: http://wiki.beamng.com/License_plate_tutorial

Steps:
    1. Follow the tutorial I linked above so that you learn how to make the normal license plates used by BeamNG.
    2. Learn enough jbeam to determine the mesh used for the normal plates as well as the plates used by JorgePinto. The section which you'll be looking for is "flexbodies" - you really don't need to know much.
    3. Use Blender to examine the dae files and look at those meshes and/or create your own meshes and assign materials to them for the plates.
    4. Cross apply that knowledge with the knowledge from over here if necessary - http://wiki.beamng.com/Introduction_to_Vehicle_Creation#Modeling_and_Texturing
    If JorgePinto's shape is the exact one that you want you could simply do Step 1 and then ask JorgePinto if you can use the mesh/etc from his mod to avoid 3/4.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice